Chapter 38 - Prepared Pressure

Start from the beginning

Sona seemed smarter and more logical than Rias and Seekvaira so he thought that there must be something more to this.

Though in truth he would learn later that Just like Rias and Seekvaira Sona had a certain amount of pride as a Devil herself. While she had many strategies that truly could have won them the fight without much needed effort at all, she refused to leave everything to Cebrail. She wanted to be able to stand equally with the Seraphim Princess and the first step to that was being able to call Rias Gremory weak without any doubt.

"I-I'll show you that I'm not weak!" Rias said and despite her fears boldly rushed through the door.

"Wait!" Azril cried but it was too late as the doors flew open revealing a massive rose garden with a large glass dome to let in light from above.

The sudden light blinded Rias for a moment forcing her to shield her eyes for a few seconds until Azril suddenly grabbed her and pulled her in close, covering her eyes with his hand.

"What are you doing!" Rias yelled.

"Don't open your eyes no matter what until I tell you."

"Wha-" Rias was about to protest when Azril swept her into his arms carrying her like a princess before jumping out of the way of a blast of venom.

The venom melted through the ground like acid and Azril landed before looking up at where the attack came from.

Up in the sky was a girl wearing a long frilly blue dress riding atop a winged green serpent with a barbed tail. They were circling above dangerously looking down on the red headed Gremory and the black haired Angel.

"What just happened? Why'd you suddenly grab me?!?" Rias yelled, her eyes beginning to open.

"Keep your eyes closed!" Azril ordered but Rias being stubborn opened them anyways and what she was met with made her body stiffen up.

Around them in the rose bushes were camels staring at them, rows upon rows of them.

Rias' eyes widened with terror and her grip became ironclad on Azril.

Latia seeing this brought her fan back before waving it towards them producing a blade of wind which flew towards Azril at high speeds forcing him to narrowly dodge the attack.

If he hadn't been carrying such a stiffened and heavy girl in his arms he could have dodged much easier. He could also contest Latia's rule over the sky by flying, however the light power in the feathers of his wings would harm Rias.

This was a bad situation to be sure.

Latia fired off more blades of wind as she circled high above forcing Azril to run, dodge, and duck through the flowers. There was an exit leading deeper into the castle on the other end of the room however the more he got close to it the more pressure he'd find himself under.

A blast of venom from the serpent sent him even further away from the exit strategically keeping him in the middle of the camels.

"They're statues Rias!" Azril tried to reason with her but Rias' eyes were shut tightly.

"MMMM!" Azril screams internally as he is forced to dodge 12 more blades of wind.

While his stamina wasn't nearly as bad as Cebrail it wasn't anywhere near as high as Puriel's, if things continued as they were he'd mess up or grow tired eventually and it would be their loss.

As he dodged more and more blasts of venom and blades of wind he noticed something particular and without hesitation he tested his theory stopping in his tracks.

As a blade of wind came towards him he grabbed Rias by the back of her collar and lifted her up as a shield.

Latia, taken aback by this ruthless action, closed her fan and instantly the blade of wind disappeared.

(So I was right she isn't trying to hurt Rias. And not only that I've learned that her wind comes from a magic item rather than pure Demonic Power.) Azril thought and already he was formulating a plan in his head.

"D-Did you just try using me as a shield!?!?!" Rias finally snapped out of her fear for just a bit yelled in outrage.

"Try not to bite your tongue princess." Was the only warning Azril gave before he threw her through the doorway leading to the next room.

Rias hit the ground and rolled several times before she landed on her back behind her. She only caught a glimpse of an overwhelming amount of fire that would have singed her if it weren't for the wall suddenly closing her off from the rose garden.

Standing up she stared at the wall with worry. In truth she could definitely destroy the wall with the Power of Destruction however she knew that she'd just be useless with her Kamilaphobia so all she could do is continue moving forward.

(That's right! If I beat Sona this whole game will be over no matter how many flags each team has!) Rias thought and began running into the darkness.

"F*CK ME!" Puriel yelled as she stood up and saw the wall in front of her.

She could try hitting it but it was easy to tell that it was defended by magic, she would need to use her Gravi-Ring to enhance her attack but doing that would bring the entire area down on herself.

The only thing she could do was continue moving forward so turning around she ran down the hall for around 2 minutes before she finally saw a light at the end of the tunnel.

The tunnel lead to a long well lit corridor filled with stone pillars.

Resting her metal bat on her shoulder Puriel strolls through the room looking around at the various pillars with a glare.

It seemed like Sona's team was going for a divide and conquer sort of strategy, however on their team Puriel was sure that no one besides Cebrail could beat her in a straight fight.

(So who are they sending as a sacrifice to me?) Puriel smirked revealing a sharp cat tooth.

Suddenly Puriel felt a presence coming towards her and jumped to the side dodging a barrage of light arrows.

"Huh? No... it couldn't be..."

To Puriel's surprise from the shadows behind one of the stone columns came Gradreel with eyes slightly sharper than usual and a bow of pure yellow light in his hand.

"I've been set to be your opponent Puriel, please take care of me."