Chapter 34

Narrator's POV

"No." Somin's voice filled with sadness. She looked at her mother in confusion. Her mother reached out to her but Somin recoiled. "Somin-ah..." Her mother called out softly. "Why didn't you tell me any of this?" Somin's voice thickened. She kept in mind to not raise her voice because the situation does not excuse her to become disrespectful. Her mother's face was in dilemma with a frown on her face. "As much as he loved you or could've loved you, you're my daughter and I can't let the same man hurt you twice," She explained carefully.

Somin kept quiet, letting the words soak in her mind. She still couldn't believe it. Minki wanted to get engaged to her. "I'm sorry for not telling you but I'm also not sorry because I wanted you to move on and live life. Don't you remember how hard you struggled in school because of the break-up? As a mother, it breaks my heart, Somin-ah," Somin let her mother caress her hair and instinctively, she leaned into the touch. "It's alright, mom. I'm just shocked, that's all. It happened almost a decade ago anyway. It doesn't matter. I've moved on a long time since then," Somin assured her mother and gave a sincere smile.

Her mother smiled back and pecked her forehead lovingly. "How could a man hurt my pretty daughter? I was so mad, you know? Your eyes was so red when you ate breakfast with me the day after you broke up with him," Her mother reminisced. Somin cocked her head. "I thought you didn't remember the break up? And also, didn't you say he was your favourite guy I've dated?" She narrowed her eyes at her mother. Her mother just shrugged and laughed. "The memories just suddenly came back. And I take my back my words, he's not my favourite," Her mother said. Somin chuckled at her response.

Somin heard a noise from the bedroom and she flinched slightly, only to remember that Jongkook was still here. Oh my god, Jongkook was still here. "What was that?" Her mother's gaze turned towards her bedroom door. Somin cursed in her head. "That was probably the upstairs neighbour, they're always dropping things," She quickly replied, acting casual. Thankfully, her mother just hummed and brushed it off.

"Alright, I don't want to ruin your drinking night. I better get going now," Her mother looked at the drinks Somin bought and snickered. "You want me to walk you back home?" Somin asked. Her mother just waved it off. They exchanged goodbyes at the door gate and Somin stayed there until she couldn't see her mother's figure.

A sigh of relief escaped her lips and she closed the door gently. She walked towards her bedroom and before she could open the door, it was pulled in the opposite direction. She met Jongkook's eyes and raised her eyebrows in astonishment. "So, did I hear a noise from my bedroom because you were looking for a face mask?" She crossed her arms. He looked weirdly adorable in a face mask. Jongkook held in his smile and relished in the feeling of the cool lemon mask. In his right hand was another face mask pack. "Come on, let me put this on you," Jongkook said as he guided her to the couch in the living room.

Both of them kept quiet as he carefully placed the mask on her face. The feeling of his fingertips on her face felt better than she expected. When he was done with it, they both laid back onto the couch. Somin let out a sigh, scooting closer to Jongkook so that their sides touch. "Clingy, aren't you?" He pestered but he also took her hand into his, intertwining their fingers. Somin smiled to herself, feeling the mask move with her face muscles. A few moments of silence passed by until she spoke. "You heard everything?" She asked softly.

"Yeah," He paused. "You must've been torn over it, huh?" He questioned in curiosity. 'It' referring to the break up with Minki. She hummed as an answer. "It was tough," She admitted. "The fact that he wanted to get engaged is still bothering me," She truthfully confessed. Jongkook just nodded and turned to face her. Her eyes was closed and as if he expected it, he moved his shoulder towards her when she decided to lay on it. "I mean, he wanted to propose. That's a pretty big deal. I would not know how to act if I was in your shoe," He said.

Somin laughed hoarsely. "You never wanted to propose to any of your ex-girlfriends?" She randomly asked. Jongkook thought about it for a second. "Maybe once. With a first love," He replied. "The girl that was handing out flyers, right? That's so romantic," She sighed. "You remembered?" He was taken aback. "Of course, I'm not as old as you are, oppa," She teased and she lifted her head off his shoulder, scooting away. Jongkook chuckled at her words before he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her onto his lap. She squirmed to get away from him with a laugh but he tightened his grip on her hips.

"I don't think moving on my lap is a great idea," Somin noticed that his voice lowered and as much as she was fascinated that she could do things to him, she stopped squirming. With that, he relaxed his grip and placed it on her thighs. "You know, I don't have a first love yet," She said, fixating her gaze on his thumb that was caressing her thigh.

"Minki-ssi wasn't your first love?" He asked. He expected she'd have a first love. "First real heartbreak, that's for sure but no, he's not my first love. I feel like first love probably has a special feeling and I haven't experience that yet," She shrugged as she spoke. He nodded at her words. "What was your first love's name?" She questioned, leaning in. She placed her hands on his shoulder, kneading the muscles gently. "Haewon," He answered.

She snorted. "You remember her name, huh?" She sounded jealous and Jongkook smiled at that. "She's my first love, no? But hey, it was like 15 years ago," He paused. "Oh my god, it's been 15 years? Shit, I am old," He realised with wide eyes. Somin let out a chuckle. She moved her hands to his head, playing with his hair. "At least, your hair is not falling out. Oh my, is that grey hair?" She teased him and regretted it as soon as he stood up suddenly.

That made her squeal in surprise, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. "Oppa!" She scolded him and smacked his shoulder. He supported her by her waist as he walked towards her bedroom. He swiftly took off his mask and her mask, throwing on the small table in her room. "What are you doing?" She frowned in confusion.

He closed her bedroom door behind him before dropping her onto the bed, her back against it as she stared up at him. He closed in her space, towering over her. Their lips was a breath away. "You know," His voice raspy and deep. "One day, your mouth is going to get you in trouble," She felt his hand trailing down her side as she held back a whimper. Her breath hiccupped when his hands got under her shirt while his fingers danced across her skin, going higher and higher every second.

"And today is one of those days, Somin-ah," He nudged his face into the crook of her neck before nipping at the sensitive flesh. She let out an involuntary noise and without realising, she was arching against him. Her right hand was in his hair while her other hand held his shoulder for support. All she knew was that she've never loved her mouth even more.