Chapter 1

Narrator's POV

The 6 members of Running Man were cooped up in the waiting room. Sukjin, Jaeseok, Jongkook, Haha, Jihyo and Kwangsoo fussed about the new members that were joining them for the first time.

"Wait, what? A woman and a man? Not two men?" Sukjin exclaimed about the new information as Jaeseok explained about the new members. Jihyo's ears perked up as she heard 'woman'.

"Huh? Really? Who gave me the false information then?" Jihyo complained as she tried to remember who told her that two men were joining them. "Haha oppa! You told me that two guy members were joining us! I could've dressed better," Jihyo pouted at her outfit,which was a plain black sweater and ripped denim jeans.

"Why would you want to dress better for another woman?" Kwangsoo laughed. Jihyo smacked his head. "Because I'm a woman too and I should make her feel comfortable, wearing something nice. Not a baggy sweatshirt," She said, rolling her eyes at him.

Kwangsoo snickered, feeling annoyed. "Well, atleast now I know that I only have one more man to compete with," Jongkook boasted off as Jaeseok scoffed.

"No one wants to compete with your short-tempered head, hyung," Haha teased, earning a soft punch on the arm from Jongkook.

One hour passed and the shooting was about to start. The 6 members gathered up infront of the cameras, trying to maintain a cool face. Their hearts were pounding quickly, excited to meet the new members.

The previous members Lizzy, Joongki and Gary's departure from the show had immensely took a piece from their heart but they are always ready to welcome other people with open arms.

Somin's POV

My palms were sweating profusely. Why did I have to wear a long white dress? Where am I at, a wedding? I sighed heavily. This box is so stuffy too,gosh.

Yeah, I'm in a box. Well, a big box designed like a gift box with a cute red ribbon. After all, it's a variety show. A surprise is what it needs.

Although I was complaining about the situation, my expression was completely the opposite. I was smiling widely. Exhilarated. Enlivened. Thrilled.

Scared, even. What if the members didn't like me? Especially, Jihyo sunbae. She's the only woman member after Lizzy sunbae left and to not achieve the same vibe as her, would be the worst nightmare ever. I crossed my fingers and bit my lip,surpressing my anxiousness.

I heard Sechan's voice greeting the members and that's when I knew it was my turn. "Somin-ssi. It's your turn now," said the earbud. I mean, the producer. I popped out. I put on a wide but nervous smile, as I smashed my head through the box upwards. Thank god, that it wasn't as hard as I thought.

Applauses were heard as I waved towards the members and bowed respectfully to everyone. Starting from Sukjin sunbae to Sechan-ssi. I put on a sincere smile and greeted them kindly. Smiles were returned as I shooked everyone's hands firmly.

Since it was the first time meeting the Running Man members as a member, I tried my very best to control myself from talking too much as I greeted each one of them.

"Let's applause for the arrival of two new members," Jaeseok sunbae cheered as the room applauded. I smiled shyly and clapped along, bowing once again. I glanced at Sechan, smiling along with his gums showing.

"Now, guess what I've found out," Jaeseok suddenly announced, making me curious too. "Kwangsoo is no longer the maknae of this family. Even better, he's the THIRD youngest now, which makes him look even older," Jaeseok joked around as Kwangsoo scoffed.

"Hyung, how can you say that when you're the one reaching 50?" Kwangsoo talked back, making me laugh softly. Jaeseok rolled his eyes and got back to his point.

"Somin-ssi is now the youngest among the members, which says alot because you either get bullied the most or get loved the most. We'll know in the future," Jaeseok teased as he looked at me.

I laughed. "I'll try my best," I awkwardly cheered. "Clearly, it says so little about Kwangsoo since he got bullied the most," Haha added, making the members laugh. Kwangsoo just shooked his head and shot a glare to Haha. I smiled at their closeness.

"Now, Sechan-ssi. I heard you have prepared some skits for today," Jaeseok anticipated. Sechan cleared his throat and smiled widely.

"As I'm honoured to be a part of this amazing group of people, there will be skits that I'll show during today's activities. Well, I should inform that it'll be important for today's mission," He explained, which made my eyebrows furrow.

I didn't have any skits prepared so I had no idea what he was talking about. Sechan and I exchanged a glance. I raised my right eyebrow as he nodded his head once to assure me. Well, this was going to be interesting.

Narrator's POV

The show went on smoothly, much better than Somin expected. Since she was chatty, she got along well with most members. Yeah. Most. She felt quite distant towards Jongkook and Haha. It felt like two guy best friends secretly trying to figure out if she matched their vibes.

Unlike Sechan, he got on well with all the members, especially because he had already done a skit. A funny one too.

While Somin had no choice but to laugh along because she had no time to think of a skit. Somin secretly envied him. The shooting went on for 5 hours before it ended.

Somin put on a smile the whole time. She was tired but she still tried her best to get used to the atmosphere. She bowed towards the members and thanked them nicely when they wrapped up for the shooting.

Sechan followed her. Somin also thanked the staff behind the cameras, for their hardwork. Jihyo grinned happily, looking at the younger woman.

Haha's POV

I glanced at Somin, who was thanking the staff members. I nodded assuringly. For some reason, it's so hard for me to adjust to a new member. I look like I'm particularly more engaged during Sechan's moment because I had worked with him once and I got the gist of his personality but I've never worked with Somin as her main career is acting.

It looked like Jihyo was smitten by the younger woman. Atleast, Jihyo already likes her and I'm happy for her. Jongkook hyung and I were basically whispering to one another like children, once in a while to share each other's thoughts on the new members.

Jongkook hyung seemed way more reluctant than me, though. I probably could get used to Somin after a few weeks and maybe even enjoy her company but Jongkook hyung? Dude takes alot of time to get used to a new person's presence.

So whatever mask his trying to put on to intimidate them, especially Somin, I can't help but feel pity for her. Although I felt pity for her, something about this reluctancy from Jongkook hyung made me eager for some heated moments.