Chapter 22

Jongkook's POV

"So, you can drive from here?" I asked Somin as we arrived near my house. It was getting late after we went to a few places to wander around so I decided to head back home.

She nodded and unbuckled her seatbelt. I also unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car, opening the door for Somin. She gave me a smile and stood infront of me.

I arched an eyebrow as she was not getting in the car. "What?" I asked. She just rolled her eyes and I felt my lips twitched. She suddenly opened her arms. I frowned even more, confused.

"What, Somin?" I asked again. She just sighed sharply and put down her arms. "Oppa, have you ever dated before or what?" She questioned.

Huh? What was that question? "Of course, I have. What are you talking about now?" I replied, feeling out of place. Somin snickered and out of the blue, I felt her embracing me.

I could feel my ears getting red. "Oh," I uttered, finally realising. She just laughed and I could feel her tighten her arms around my waist. I quickly wrapped my arms around her shoulders, leaning in. She buried her face in my chest.

I swore I could feel myself melting. My heart stuttered when I felt her tracing random lines on my back. I soothed her by rubbing her shoulders gently. I turned my head and kissed her hair as I felt her smiling on my chest.

I knew I had a wide smile on my face when my cheeks were starting to hurt. She pulled away first, casually holding my hands. "Thank you for today," Somin thanked.

I gave her a small grin. "Anything for you," I softly said, cringing slightly. Her nose scrunched in awe as I laughed at her expression. I squeezed her hands and finally let go.

"I'll go now, alright? Drive safe. Text me when you've arrived at your house," I mentioned seriously. "I will," She answered and got into her car.

Before I closed the door for her, I gave her a peck on the lips. She looked stunned and I smirked at her red face, enjoying teasing her. She shooked her head at me with a playful glare before waving goodbye and drove off.

I walked to the sidewalk and stayed until her car was out of my sight. When I was taking the stairs, I realised that I was smiling more lately.

Narrator's POV

The next day, at 11am, Somin was rushing to her drama set, along with her management team. "I'm sorry for being late," She apologised to the staffs there.

She cursed at herself for sleeping late, talking to Jongkook on the phone. "Somin-ssi. It's okay. Take your time, we still have Sora-ssi to film her scenes," The director added when she rambled on her apology.

Somin released a relieved sigh. She thanked him with a smile before going to her waiting room. While her stylists were doing her makeup, she was flipping through the pages of her script.

She knew all of her lines already. It was just the situations she hadn't learn about. "Damn, my sister is such a brat," She mumbled to herself, immersing in her character. She was referring to Sora, who was acting as her character's sister.

She flipped a few more pages and she stopped at a line, her eyes widening. "Wait, what?" She blurted out suddenly, reading the same lines over and over again. "Hyeri-ah, am I reading this correctly?" She showed her make-up stylist the lines.

Hyeri stopped her actions and squinted at the lines. "Gaeun slapped her ex-husband, Seohun, her eyes full of hatred. Seohun glared at her after the harsh slap. He pushed her against the wall and gripped onto her throat," Hyeri paused, gulping.