Chapter 6

Narrator's POV

As Jaeseok finished his introduction, he welcomed the two guests joining them for the day.  "Oh my god," Somin gasped as she stared at the two guests, totally forgetting about what just happened.

"Let's welcome Hyun Bin and Son Yejin!" Jaeseok announced with a big smile.

The rest of the members stared and clapped in awe. They bowed towards Hyun Bin and Son Yejin as both of them bowed back respectfully. All of them shook each other's hands.

"It's so nice to see two new faces. It'd be nice to see pretty people once in awhile," Haha joked around, referring to the Running Man members.

"I can say the same to you,Haha hyung," Kwangsoo scoffed and pushed him playfully.

"Before we get into your project, go ahead and introduce yourselves," Sukjin declared.

Both of them nodded and smile.

"Hello, I am Son Yejin playing as Ha Chaeyoon in The Negotiation," Yejin introduced as her eyes smiled, making everyone on set beam.

"Hello, I am Hyun Bin playing Min Taegu in The Negotiation. I'm pleased to be here," Hyun Bin smiled widely as his dimples popped out.

Somin could feel her heart racing. Both of them are so beautiful. She's an avid fan of them. Jongkook, beside her, noticed her mouth wide open and her hand clasped, showing excitement.

"Wasn't she having an anxiety attack just now?" Jongkook thought to himself, slightly surprised at the mood change.

Minutes went by as they talked about the movie, played by Yejin and Hyun Bin. Finally, the game started.

The PD of Running Man, Bopil, started to give out instructions on the first game as the chaos died down among the members.

"This is a luck-or-no-luck game, which Kwangsoo is amazing at," He stopped at his sarcasm remark, making Kwangsoo smile. "There will be 8 eggs. 3 of them are raw and the rest are boiled. It really is easy. The ones who get the raw eggs will expect a surprise as the day go on."

"Well, let's start with Kwangsoo, shall we?" Bopil suggested.

"PD-nim, aren't you being too harsh on me? You know I'll get a raw egg," Kwangsoo grimaced and whined like a kid.

"Kwangsoo-ya, there are only 3 raw eggs. You can't be that unlucky. Don't be a whim and crack an egg on your head," Jongkook teased him.

Yejin laughed as Kwangsoo glared at Jongkook with clenched fists.

"Alright. God,please. Let it be a boiled egg for once," He slid his hand on the tray of eggs and stopped at a specific egg. He gulped and picked it up. "I feel bad already,"Kwangsoo complained, hesitating to crack it onto his head.

"Do you want me to smash it for you?" Jihyo added, making Kwangsoo clenched his teeth and flare his nostrils as a response. Everyone chuckled at the way Kwangsoo was hesitating.

"Alright. 1...2...3," He cracked it onto his head.

"Oh?" He suddenly burst out laughing, showing to everyone he had a boiled egg. Jaeseok groaned teasingly. Haha facepalmed jokingly. Jongkook shooked his head as the rest were surprised.

"Now,this is all to you watchers who think I know which is a raw egg and which is a boiled egg. You see this?" Kwangsoo showed the camera the cracked boiled egg.

"Alright, we can just edit that out," Jaeseok mentioned.

"Hyung!" Kwangsoo complained as everyone laughed at his annoyed voice.

Somin's POV

I sighed tiredly in my waiting room as we took a break after 2 games. My mind wandered to the incident a while ago and my lips thinned thinking about it.

I had to thank Jongkook sunbae eventually. Throughout the 2 games,he stayed by my side like a glue but he didn't utter a single word.

"Are you doing okay?" My manager, Mr Kim, asked me. I nodded as I pushed my thoughts away. As minutes passed, I head back to the set and saw a few members standing infront of the cameras already. I rushed towards them and stood beside Sechan.

He turned towards me and mischievously smiled. I raised my eyebrows. "You totally sucked during the games," He said.

I rolled my eyes. "And you think you did great? You literally kicked the ball out of the court 3 times in a row," I answered back.

"You got a point but you kept missing the ball whenever you tried to kick it. I can totally see you're not good at sports," He teased once again with his gums showing.

I crossed my arms and shot him a glare as he jokingly surrendered his hands up in the air. "Fine. Don't cry when your team loses to my team," I smiled teasingly.

"Oh don't worry, we got Hyunbin in our team," He smugly replied.

Narrator's POV

Jongkook walked to the set and his eyes landed on Somin and Sechan who seemed deeply in conversation. Instead of standing beside her, he stood at the other end of the line beside Jihyo.

He glanced at Jihyo and shooked his head at the sight. "Sleepy again?" He asked. Jihyo tried to pry her eyes open and smiled. She shrugged.

"The drama shooting ended pretty late yesterday," She replied as Jongkook nodded. "How does being a guide feels like?" Jihyo asked.

Jongkook glanced at Somin before answering. "Can't say it's fun," He answered. "I wished I was guiding her. That'd be an easy way to get closer to her. She is so natural. Didn't you see the way she brought up conversations like a pro? You must be proud," Jihyo praised.

"Well,sure. I haven't talked to her about entertaining guests and.." He trailed off his words as he remembered her anxiety attack. He was about to tell Jihyo about that but decided to keep it to himself.

He cleared his throat. "I mean,I feel pretty useless. She is indeed natural," Jongkook went along. "Well,all I know is you're so stiff, oppa. She seemed pretty awkward with you always standing beside her," Jihyo pointed that out.

He had a reason,especially when she had an anxiety attack but he couldn't just expose Somin like that. "I'm her guide. What if she's confused? Of course, I have to stay beside her," He came up with an excuse.

Jihyo just nodded. Finally, all the members along with Hyunbin and Yejin was back on set. The staff members quickly set up the cameras as they noticed everyone was present.

Jongkook casually walked and stood beside Somin. Both of them made eye contact and Jongkook nod towards her. Somin gave him a small awkward smile back.

The shooting went on smoothly as hours passed.