Chapter 16

Narrator's POV

Somin and Jongkook were waiting outside of the building. "Oh, Somin noona," Dongjun called out to her. His eyes landed on Jongkook, who was beside Somin. He bowed politely and Jongkook did the same.

"Let's go then," Dongjun said with a smile at Somin. "You don't mind if Jongkook oppa come along, right?" Somin asked, feeling slightly guilty since it was a last minute invitation.

"Oh, yeah. That's alright," Dongjun actually felt bitter but he forced himself to smile. Jongkook noticed Dongjun's voice that sounded slightly strained, as if he was upset.

"Well, I reserved a table to eat in a restaurant at 6.30pm. About 20 minutes from now. I booked it in advance since I figured that I was going to attend Running Man and meet you," Dongjun explained as they walked to his car.

"Wow, you reserved a table? I'd be okay with just a burger," Somin replied, feeling bad. "But I thought you knew about you being a guest in Running Man a week before this? Did you book a week in advance?" Somin questioned.

Dongjun just smiled and nodded. "Huh," Somin was stunned at his dedication.

"A reservation a week in advance? Just to eat a meal with a friend?" Jongkook thought. "Burger?" Jongkook asked. "Oh, oops. I forgot you are allergic to calories," Somin mocked him playfully. Jongkook rolled his eyes, looking away.

"It's alright. Everyone deserves a good meal after shooting a show," Dongjun uttered while fumbling for his car key.

"You want to sit infront, noona?" Dongjun asked Somin. "Or you can, Jongkook hyung," He hesitantly offered. "Nevermind. You'll go sit infront, oppa. I prefer sitting at the back anyways," Somin offered to Jongkook and opened the car door, moving in the backseat.

"Whatever suits you," Jongkook mumbled and gave a small smile to Dongjun before the both of them got into the car. The first thing Jongkook noticed was the scent of the car.

"Damn. He really loves vanilla-scented perfume," Jongkook thought, inhaling the strong scent of vanilla. He couldn't help but search the front of the car with his eyes, to detect any perfume.

Jongkook heard Somin taking a deep inhale and exhale. "Holy crap, Dongjun. Your car smells way more fragrant than I remember," Somin blurted out her thoughts. Dongjun laughed at her words as he turned on his engine.

"I may or may have not sprayed the vanilla scent abit too much. Didn't want my car to smell...normal. Gotta up my game when you're around me," Dongjun said playfully. Somin chuckled and shooked her head. Jongkook was minding his business by buckling his seatbelt and fixing his hair.

Jongkook's POV

Dongjun likes Somin.

It's way too damn obvious. Reserving a table a week in advance for a friend? Spraying your car with a vanilla-scented perfume abit too much so that she could feel better? Not only that, the slight hesitancy when he offered me the front seat.

And also, I wasn't blind towards the constant flirting Dongjun had acted out but Somin was oblivious or pretended to be oblivious.

"So, uh, what restaurant are we going?" I asked him, wanting to join in the conversation. "Oh, we're going to Hadongkwan," Dongjun answered while he drove out of the carpark. "That restaurant? Oh my god. It's one of my favourite restaurants," Somin replied with a small gasp.

I glanced at her from the rearview mirror, seeing her smile widely. My lips tugged upwards at her reaction, looking away to hide it. Dongjun chuckled. "Of course, I know that. That's why we're going there," He said with a huge grin on his face when I took a glance at him.