Chapter 2

Somin's POV

A team dinner. The producer and the director wanted to have a team dinner at 7pm. I sighed, looking at the clothes I have. "Why do I always lack of formal outfits?" I thought to myself, groaning internally.

I bit my lip in frustration as I literally dig through my closet. Dresses? Tshirts? Sweaters? Vests? I have no idea what to wear. A notification came up on my phone and I quickly got to it, secretly hoping someone would tell me what they're wearing, even though its merely impossible.

It was Sechan.

The Text Message:

Sechan ^~^

Hey Somin-ssi. Are you going there alone?

Hello to you too, Sechan-ssi. And yes, I'm going alone!

Oh alright. I know this might be too abrupt and sudden but can we talk informally? Since we're friends of the same age?

Yeah sure!

Great.

And another thing, can I go to the venue with you? I'm actually nervous to go there by myself.

Didn't know you are actually nervous! But yeah,sure thing.

And if you don't mind me asking,what are you going to wear?

Oh,I was thinking of just wearing a sweatshirt and jeans.

Alright then. Thanks and how do you want us to go together? Do we meet somewhere or?

I can fetch you from your house. But only if you want me to know your address, of course.

Don't be silly, we'll eventually be close friends hahaha!

Anyways,I'll give you my address. How about at 6 40pm? Is that time okay for you to fetch me?

Haha, agreed!

And yeah, 6 40pm sounds good^^

Alright then!

End Of Text Message

I ended the conversation as I sent my home address. I smiled at the conversation, glad that I have someone to relate with. Same age and same period of time for joining the Running Man. I couldn't be more lucky.

I decided to wear skinny jeans and black long plaid shirt with a white tshirt inside. Casual,right? I laid it out on my bed. I glanced at the time that showed 5 30. At least I have time to rest.

Jongkook's POV

I flexed my biceps one more time before placing down the heavy dumbbells. I stretched my body for the last time before heading to the bathroom to shower.

My mind wandered to the new members. I still can't put it in my head that there are actually new members. I know it seems unfair to say this but I've always loved the original casted members. More specifically, Jaeseok hyung, Sukjin hyung, Haha, Jihyo, Kwangsoo and...Gary.

But like all good things, it comes to an end. When Gary left, it felt so much different than when Lizzy and Joongki left. It was like he went to the military except that his gone forever.

I have to be open-minded though. It has always been a hard moment for me to embrace new people in my life. With Running Man members too. They're basically my family now and I'm glad to know each of them personally.

After showering, I went through my notifications. Oh yeah. A team dinner. I looked at the time on my phone. Its 6 20pm already? This only happens when you lose track of time while working out.

I can't help it. I closed my eyes and laid down on my bed, quietly anticipating the team dinner to be a good time.

Somin's POV

Alright. Its 6 20pm. I already wore my clothes and now, I am putting on a light makeup. I let my long hair down. I released the curl on my bangs and it gave off a pretty curved shape. I was satisfied. Lastly, I put on my lipgloss, smacking my lips with a soft 'pop'.

I took a step back and checked myself out. I nodded my head and smiled,showing that I was pleased. I adjusted my clothes neatly and decided to pack some stuff in my bags and clean the house while waiting for Sechan.

As time passed by swiftly, I got a call. "Hey, Somin. It's Sechan. I'm near your apartment," Sechan said.

"Oh, alright then. I'll be waiting at the bus stop," I replied. "Okay," He muttered and hung up.

I took one last glance at myself on the mirror, carrying my totebag and headed out quickly.

Narrator's POV

When Sechan arrived, Somin got in the car with a small smile. "Thanks for picking me up," She thanked him. "No big deal. It's me who wanted you to accompany me since I'm such a nervous wreck," He laughed softly. She chuckled along.

"It's alright, we all have those moments. Plus, I think it's better to go together since both of us are the new members. I can't imagine myself walking into the restaurant alone while they stare at me. The pressure seems heavy," Somin explained, giving herself a slight shiver while thinking about the possibility of that situation if Sechan hadn't texted her.

"It sure is heavy but it brings excitement at the same time," Sechan looked on the bright side. Somin nodded, agreeing with him.

As they talked throughout the ride, they finally reached the restaurant. An all-you-can-eat restaurant.

It was 7.03pm and they went slightly stiff when everyone was already gathered at one table. The team dinner is mainly about them but they were the ones who were late.

Somin and Sechan put on their best smiles and bowed respectfully towards the members, the director and the producer. They sat at a long rectangular table with 3 grills on it.

Haha, Kwangsoo and the director, Sungkyu used the first grill.

Sukjin, Jaeseok and the producer, Bopil used the second grill.

Jongkook, Sechan, Somin and Jihyo used the third grill.

After they are satisfied with their seating arrangement, Jaeseok voiced out. "Did you plan to come together?" He asked. Somin smiled softly and replied, "Sechan was nervous."

Sechan smiled embarrassingly. Laughters were heard. "It's okay. Everyone's like that in the beginning. You'll relax before you know it," Jaeseok assured the both of them.

One by one, the members and the staffs stood up and chose what they wanted to eat. There was a variety of food to choose.

Somin's POV

I scanned the food. Tteokbokki, cold noodles, buckwheat noodles, pork cutlets, heaps of beef, heaps of pork and other variety of food. I gulped down my saliva.

I went for pork cutlets with rice for my first plate. I went for blueberry soda for my first drink. As I sat down, Jongkook sunbae was sitting infront of me.

He looked wary. Probably because of his diet. Since I've secretly been a Turbo fan, I fangirled internally. "Jongkook sunbae, you can take your food now if you want. I can sit at the table and make sure no one will take our seats," I said, assuring him.

"Oh, yeah. Alright. Thanks," He replied and gave me a nod before walking away. Well,that was friendly.