Chapter 27

Somin's POV

"So, yeah," I concluded the storyline of my upcoming drama, A Cunning Love, to Jongkook oppa.

It was an office romance drama—with an eventual plot of mystery and slight thriller, which made the storyline so much more interesting. Although I was slightly hesitant because of acting with an ex-boyfriend at first, the storyline completely threw me off and motivated me to be at my best during the upcoming filming of this drama.

Jongkook oppa nodded curtly like he was fascinated with the storyline. I was still curled up in his embrace with his arm around my waist, feeling his fingers tracing random patterns from time to time. With my head on his shoulder, I let my hands travel to fidget with the hem of his sleeveless shirt, which he seemed unfazed by it.

"That sounds interesting. I'm not a big series fan, to be fair so I can't say much," He ended off with a small laugh. I joined his laugh and just shrugged. "It's fine. I was just telling you about it. The script reading is in about two weeks now," I said, suddenly feeling nervous at the thought of it.

His grip tightened on my waist, nudging me closer until my body was pressed against his and my head touched the crook of his neck. "You'll do great, Somin. Like you always do," He softly said and I looked up at him with a small smile as he looked down at me, returning my smile. I pat his chest in affection before reaching out his other hand and turned it over to his palm.

I don't know but I had the sudden urge to scan his palm. I traced the calloused palm, feeling the hardened skin on the upper part of his palm. He let me fiddle with his hand as I looked over to his thick fingers. I casually placed my palm on his palm, feeling the slight difference. Our hand sizes didn't differ too much, only about an inch difference but I smiled at the sight of my slim fingers against his thick fingers.

After all, I've always liked feeling small with a boyfriend since a huge part of me was very feminine. Jongkook oppa rotated his hand slightly and smoothly glided his fingers through the space of my fingers, interlocking our hands. My eyebrows shot up, impressed.

We met eyes as he cheekily smiled at his own action, making me laugh softly. He rested our hands on his stomach. I let out a sigh, shutting my eyes at the comfortable silence. He also kept quiet, letting me enjoy the moment. It was moments like this, that made me feel contented.

Being out of public's eyes without any forceful gestures to be made.

Jongkook's POV

I spaced out, feeling so comfortable as I let my thoughts take over the few minutes of comfortable silence. I brushed my thumb back and forth on Somin's hand. Her breathing seemed to relaxed and her head felt heavier on my shoulder.

I looked at her in confusion before realising. I held back a smile. It had only been a few minutes and she was already sleeping. She must be tired. After all, she came here just to see me. I waited for a few moments before I could adjust her. I let go of her hand slowly, resting it on her own thigh.

I pressed my back against the couch, letting her relaxed head fall into my chest. I snuggled closer to her, my cheek pressing against her hair. I tightened my grip around her waist. I listened to her steady breaths, noticing that her hands twitched when I caressed her waist. I hummed in amusement but I stopped caressing her waist as I didn't want to disturb her.

I glanced at the clock. 5:27pm. I thinned my lips, looking down at her. Her lips were agape, inhaling and exhaling soft sighs. I could see the faint hint of eyebags under her faded makeup and I thought back to the time I've seen her bare—beautiful—face. As I was scanning her, she suddenly squirmed closer to my body, her hands wrapped around my waist as her cheek was pressed to my chest. I held back a blush. I let myself wrap my own arms around her.