Chapter 17

Narrator's POV

"This meal is on me, noona. It's alright," Dongjun offered and waved his hand to prevent Somin paying the bill.

"Should I pay my bill? I wasn't even invited. I feel bad," Jongkook interrupted, rubbing his nape. "It's okay, hyung. Next time, you can treat me," Dongjun playfully suggested and quickly paid the bill.

Jongkook smiled at his words. "He's a nice guy," He thought. All three of them stepped outside of the restaurant, gazing at the evening sky. "Well, noona. I want to send you home but my manager told me I have to go to a meeting straight away. I'm sorry," Dongjun apologised with a guilty smile.

Jongkook looked away and stepped back, scrolling through his phone since it was a conversation between the both of them. "It's okay, Dongjun-ah. You've invited me to a meal so that's enough. Don't worry about me and drive safely, alright? Text me anytime if you want to hang out," Somin gave him a small smile.

Dongjun grinned at her. "Alright, I'll get going then," He paused and gave Somin a small hug. Jongkook could feel his heart clench at the scene from the corner of his eyes.

Dongjun pulled away as Somin pat his back one last time. "I'll get going, Jongkook hyung. It was nice to have a meal with you," Dongjun bowed to Jongkook and Jongkook returned a bow.

"Drive safely," Jongkook murmured kindly and Dongjun nodded at his words. Dongjun waved goodbye to them and walked away. Somin then looked at Jongkook, slightly surprised as she found his eyes already on her.

"What are you taking?" Jongkook asked. "Probably a bus," She replied with a shrug. Jongkook nodded. "Let's go then," He informed. Somin frowned in confusion and grabbed his arm when he was about to walk off.

"What do you mean? You take the same bus as me?" Somin questioned. Jongkook looked down to see her hand gripping onto his arm. Somin noticed and pulled away, clearing her throat. "No. What are you on? I'm going to the same bus stop as you," He replied at her obvious question.

"Oh," Somin snickered at her question. Jongkook shooked his head with a smile. He lead the way, walking slowly to the bus stop. Somin quickened her pace to match his strides.

For awhile, none of them were talking as the atmosphere was filled with vehicles roaring and people chattering. Somin was walking sloppily as the crowd was getting bigger due to the evening clock, which was when most people ended their working shifts. People were bumping into one another's shoulders.

Jongkook raised an eyebrow at her walk and realised that people were crowding everywhere near her. He sighed and reached out to her. He pulled her towards him. "Just stay by my side," He stated, holding her arm.

Somin felt heat rise up her neck to her cheeks. She ignored the butterflies that filled her heart and stomach. She cleared her throat and maintained an unbothered expression.

They both finally got out of the crowd and reached the bus stop. Since there was only one bench, both of them took a seat beside each other, leaving a space between them. Thankfully, there weren't many people at the bus stop since it was a one-way route to a certain town.

"Sorry but can you move in? Thank you," An old man asked with a smile. Somin returned a grin and bowed, scooting towards Jongkook. Somin moved until both of their legs touched. She tensed slightly and glanced at Jongkook.

He thinned his lips at the sudden contact and started to bounce his right leg that was touching Somin's left leg. "Oppa, stop that," She nudged him. Jongkook tsk-ed. Both of them sat in silence until Somin remembered something. "Why are you jealous, by the way?" She talked softly, not wanting the old man beside her to hear.