Dusk Before the Rapture

Start from the beginning

"Man, these Sirens are either really shit with names, or they just want to be concise."

Targeted searches and direct combat procedures: Failed

Infiltration and Stealth Operatives: Failed

Deployment of the AH-01: Failed

Cybernetic META conversions: Failed

Project Eventide: Pending

Hipper quickly stood up, her eyes locked on the final words of the file. The name didn't bring anything to mind, but the mere fact that another plan to kill her sister was already being thought out is enough to worry her.

"Shit...what the hell even is this project?!" She pulled at her artificial hair, taking a deep(and unnecessary) breath to center her still living mind before she sat back down. "I hope the last file there has what I need in it..."

She left the Countermeasures file, and scrolled over to the last file available for her to view. Unfortunately, it didn't say anything about "Eventide", but it still looked worth checking out.

"Let's see...'Assimilation Protocol'? That sounds...not good at all." She hovered over the named file, and clicked on it, opening it and beginning to read out the text again.

Prinz Eugen META is to be killed on sight, and body recovered for Assimilation.

If ever managed to be captured alive, units that did so will receive extensive remodeling and ascent to a higher duty for the Arbiters, possibly serving directly to them.

"Well what the hell is this Protocol?! Tell me dammit!" She was tired of the exposition, and just wanted to get to the part that would be most important to her.

"I swear, if I scroll down and I don't see it here for me..."

The Assimilation Protocol will involve Prinz Eugen, dead or alive, to be forcibly subjected to our whims.

Due to subject's resistance to the Radio Jammers and Black Box Scramblers, A Mental Cube shall replace her original for full control.

...

Hipper's hand began to tighten, the metal it was made of groaning under the pressure. These bastards really thought she would let them do these things?!

No, she wouldn't let them even come close. AH-01, a rogue Android that was meant to kill Eugen has since become who she once was, and as Hipper, she won't let this happen to her younger sister.

She may not have information on this "Eventide" project, but that just means she and the others need to prepare against it, and that's something she knew Eugen was always doing.

"...Actually, how is she doing?"
—————

"Mmh..." Her eyes slowly opened, waking from her passed out state that George and Shinano put her in. Azrael groaned as she slowly sat up, washing away the small bits of drowsiness she had from the unintentional nap.

"Look who's...finally back to...the real world." She looked over to the couch, seeing Shinano and George sitting there and smirking at her.

"Shut up..." she stood to her feet, quickly grabbing at the edges of her borrowed Kimono before going to grab her uniform and changing quickly. "Now, what have you two been doing while I was out?"

"We-"

Azrael's finger goes up. "If I hear 'doing you' I'm going to hurt you."

"..."