To End the War

She shuffled around in her sleep, feeling the wind softly blow against her cheeks and the birds above whistling their songs to their mates.

Her eyes fluttered open slowly, which she then raised a hand to block out the bright sun that peeked over the ocean and gave rise for the new day.

Azrael: Well...that was a great night. No hangover too!

She stretched herself a bit, noting how whatever she was laying on was very comfortable, almost like a bed was made for her outside.

...

That's when she remembered who lulled her to sleep yesterday. Looking to the tree, Shinano was lying back on one of her tails, while another two wrapped around her as a blanket. The rest were covering Azrael as she slept on Shinano's thighs.

Azrael:...

She smiled and took the tails off of her, gently shaking the sleeping kitsune awake.

Azrael: Hey...it's time to get up

Shinano groaned as she opened her eyes, rubbing them to clear whatever drowsiness plaqued them. She stretched just as Azrael did before focusing on the now standing future swordswoman.

Shinano: Did you...sleep well?

Azrael: I did, and I thank you for that

She reached out, grasping Shinano's hand with hers and lifting her up to her feet. The only problem was that Shinano was still very sleepy, with her tails flopping to the ground.

Azrael: You really have to sleep that much huh?

Shinano: Dreamwakers...are narcoleptic

Azrael hummed as she thought about what to do about this. It was obvious something was going to happen today, and if what she thought was true, then Shinano needs to be there.

...

Azrael: Ahah!

She looked to Shinano who tilted her head, curious about what she was planning.

Azrael: We'll be going where we need to, just relax okay?

Shinano: If it helps us...get moving quick...sure
—————

Rapid taps were heard on the docks, as Nagato was growing impatient at the lack of both the mercenary and the Dreamwaker's presence. They were done with the standard repairs, and the Manjuus can handle the rest, what mattered now was to proceed with their new objective.

They needed help, as the Sirens attacked them with full intent to destroy. They were done with the war if the Sirens they thought were assisting them were ready to kill them.

It was time to bring Azur lane back to full order.

Nagato: Mutsu, did you get the Ironbloods in on this yet?

Mutsu: Yep, they want this too. They don't want the same thing happening to them so they're more than happy to do it instead of getting their heads lopped off

She smiled at the thought of the Ironblood girls running around like headless chickens...what? She may be an adult and mature, but a fox is a fox.

?: Hello everyone! Sorry about being late!

They turned to the voice, having to do a double take as they came upon the scene in front of them.

Azrael was walking towards the gathered girls at the docks, with a large basket attached to her back. Inside of said basket was Shinano, who's head was sticking out and leaning on the mercenary's shoulder, and her tails were puffed out the top and draped behind them.