To Be Duped

"I swear, even in training exercises you're gonna be getting injured left and right." Vestal was cleaning Azrael's wound, looking quite pained herself having to deal with both a deep slash wound and a burn wound that layered on top of one another.

Azrael smiled before wincing from the pain of the cleaning. "It's bound to happen Vestal -ow!- considering who I am."

"Still, I wish you would be more careful."

"Hey, don't blame me, blame my sister if you want a face to yell at."

On the sidelines, George sat watching the process. She followed what Wales told her and stuck with Azrael into the infirmary, looking to make sure she's okay after the fight. It took about ten minutes in total, but Azrael was finally finished getting the wound cleaned. Thanks to her slight regen factor though, the wound was already sealing, but the scar will remain in it's place.

"Hey George, check it out. Looks like I got clawed by a bear eh?"

George wasn't smiling at her little joke. "Can you please take this seriously? That scar is so damaging to your face..."

"You think so? I think it adds to me."

"Pray tell, how does it do so?" George crossed her arms under her chest, looking at Azrael and expecting an answer.

What she didn't expect was that Azrael was gonna pull a fly one, and she quickly approached George fully intent on showing her what she meant. George was getting a bit heated as Azrael grew closer with the ever so teasing smile on her face.

"Come on George, it makes me look fiercer, tougher, stronger." She got to George, wrapping her arms around the Battleship's waist and pulling her close as she tried to pry away.

Azrael leaned close, whispering into George's ear. "Who doesn't like a fierce woman hm? I'm sure you'll love that."

Separating from the reddened battleship, she turned to Vestal, who had a small smile of her own seeing the infamous Eugen flirting still present in the future. "Well Vestal, I'm sure this is good now?"

"Yes, you're cleaned up and your natural healing is closing it better than I could now. I just want to ask you to lay off the deadly mock battles if you can."

"No promises."

She gently took George's hand and led her out of the infirmary. From the middle of her right cheek down her neck, nearly to her collarbone, was three scratch marks of the scar, digging down into her flesh lightly.

She knew she would get a nasty scar, but this was quite a big one that was going to be annoying to cover up...if she decides to cover it at all.

"Hey George, should I cover this wound?"

"It stains your face, but...it does have the charm to it." George remarked her statement, using the chance to look closely at the scar and see the dark burnt flesh that still sat there.

...

"Can I...?"

"Yes George, you can touch it."

George gently took her finger and brushed the wound, feeling weird that she was technically touching the soft under flesh of a person's neck, but fascinated at the same time from the rough feeling of the burnt tissues. She took her finger away after a few seconds of feeling it. "You aren't hurt now right?"

"Nope, even when you were brushing it with your finger I didn't feel it."

"Good, also, the main fleets should be arriving any minute, so I have to go look presentable...unfortunately."