Dreamstalker

Stepping out of the forest, Azrael was drained from the night's ails. The battle tore her apart and now she was tired...both physically and mentally from everything.

She went back to the main roads and saw everyone doing what they can to help the Manjuus rebuild, which they did at ridiculous speeds. Those little birds always did surprise Azrael at the speed they did things.

Some people saw her pass by and simply didn't care, thinking it was Eugen who was here to speak to Nagato or to help with the relief effort. The difference in styles matters not to them.

Azrael: I really need a good drink, and I doubt my stuff is still in good stock so I'll have to try some of their drinks

The further in you go on the island, the more sturdy the structures stood, as the shells and lasers fired either didn't hit here or misfired and landed somewhere nearby.

No one was around, so she grabbed a bottle off of a shop and continued onwards, popping the cap and taking a sip of the drink in her hands. Whatever it was left a sour taste in her mouth, but she didn't care anymore about that, she wanted to get drunk.

Off she went up to the great tree that rested in the center of the island, where a nice view that looked out to the ocean stood waiting for anyone to view. That is her destination, as well as where she will rest.

...

She was caught in thought, so she didn't notice the person following her. Whoever it was, obviously was feeling sorrowful and held eyes of pity for her.

She followed after her, intent on helping.
—————

Drink in hand, Azrael stood atop the peak that gave her the gorgeous view of the moon, the one thing she knew will never change.

Azrael:...

She sat down and leaned back against a nearby tree that gave her a perfect view of the ocean and moon, taking occasional gulps of the alcoholic drink in her hand completely intent on getting wasted.

Azrael: I don't read Japanese, but this shit had a skull on it so I'm guessing it's pretty strong stuff for them...just enough for me though

...

She leaned back and fell into thought, dreading what is still to come and what she knows has to happen.

Ember said it herself, both she and Ash joined the Sirens even though the others refused. Even Yorktown couldn't convince As-...Enterprise to stay and she was off'd for it.

Azrael's fist clenched, if she gets her hands on Ash and she still holds sturdy with the Sirens...she'll gut her like a trout.

Azrael: Then...I'll be the last one...

...

?: You seem...conflicted

She didn't bother turning as the footsteps were getting closer to her, and she soon found several pale white tails floating near her. The woman sat down next to her and leaned back on the tree.

Azrael: Ma'am, you wouldn't even begin to understand

?: But I've seen it...through the dreams...you are of the future...and are not

Azrael's eyes moved over to the figure, who was staring sleepily into Azrael's own.

Azrael: Who are you, some kind of psychic?

?: A prophet...I am Shinano...Dreamwaker

...

Azrael shifted to turn to her.

Azrael: Then tell me, what did you see of my life? Of my land?

Shinano's eyes fell a little, which Azrael knew meant she had seen plenty.

Shinano: A world of our own...ravaged by war and Siren power...you lost more than anyone else...yet you held the strongest

Her hand fell on top of Azrael's, who pulled it away and took another swig from the bottle.

Azrael: Yeah, and now you know of that shithole. So now what will you do with that information?

Shinano looked down to her hand, pulling it back and resting it on her hip.

Shinano: Many forget...that an Angel of Death...is always the first to fall

Azrael:...

Shinano: You have seen true disparity...you have felt true dread...yet you held onto life

Green lights appeared all around them, as the bugs glowed in the night sky.

Shinano: I wish to help...alleviate your burdens...and aid you in...your journey

Azrael: And why would you? After everything that had happened, and all you saw...why?

Shinano: You are treading dark lines...they will take you soon...if you do not heal yourself...

Azrael: I will, but the time must be right, I don't wish to appear to them without proper reason

Shinano put her hand on Azrael's shoulder, but she gripped firmly to force her to keep it on.

Shinano: Eugen...you are the first true hunter of Sirens...you will be the last of them...and that is my promise too you

Azrael looked over to Shinano, who was gently smiling as the green lights of fireflies flew around them. She took in the scenery and saw the world around them.

For once, she felt peace. She has seen life without Sirens, without pain...just the world at it's base state.

A place she could call home.

Azrael: I...

She kept quiet, as tears slowly gathered in her eyes. Shinano gently cupped her head and led her to her lap, letting Azrael's rest there as she took the drink from her hand and set it aside.

She looked down as Azrael silently cried, wallowing in her grief at being the last of a truly dying hope.

...

Shinano: ~Oh Hunter, let me free you from this evil~

...

Shinano: ~You Devote your life to sustain your dream~

...

Shinano: ~Oh, the insidious moon~

Azrael looked back up to the moon as she sung, and it held low, as if comforting her.

Shinano: ~Oh, these mysterious nights~

...

Shinano: ~Greatness, look upon me and grant me everlasting mercy~

She felt her eyes cloud up as she realized what Shinano was singing. She was singing a song of her purpose, her suffering made gentle yet powerful in words.

Azrael closed her eyes as Shinano gently stroked her hair, lulling they song once more as Azrael felt it's words run through her. It's meaning made real as she lived through it's tale.

She fell asleep, not as a bloody warrior, but as a child. A child who yearns for mother's grasp, who laughs for father's games, who plays along with her siblings antics.

She was at home, somewhere she lost long ago.

...

Shinano: Sleep well Hunter...you need it more than I...