Chapter [82]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

"What are we doing?" Cami looks between Hayley and I, "Elijah specifically said to not to intervene."

I roll my eyes, "Elijah doesn't own me."

"We are capable of looking after ourselves," Hayley murmurs, "This is our best shot. Elijah will keep Lucien distracted."

Cami sighs, "And what about Aurora?"

"She'll wish she stayed desiccating in that tomb Nik placed her in," I seethe walking down the street.

Cami strides closer to me, "Here's the problem........I haven't been invited into Lucien's penthouse."

Hayley shrugs, "So, you can wave your dark objects in the foyer, and we'll do all the dirty work."

Cami pauses turning to Hayley and I.

"Hey," I reach out for her shoulder, "Are you up for this?"

"What if I'm a liability?" Cami states, "I've been training, so I can punch a bag, but in a real fight?"

Hayley shakes her head, "Cami, here's the thing about being afraid.....if you have to do the thing you're afraid of, then all this fear is for nothing. Either turn it into anger, or leave it at the door. But, either way, you control your emotions, which means you're already one step ahead of Aurora."

"She's right," I comment.

Cami smiles looking up at a sign, "You know....I have an idea."

I follow her eyesight furrowing my eyebrows.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

"You really did not think this through, did you?" Aurora snarls.

Cami smirks, "Actually, we did."

The elevator dings and Hayley rushes out tackling Aurora back into the apartment. She straddles Aurora, catch her off guard plunging her hand into Aurora's chest.

I speed forward over to Nik fiddling with the chains, attempting to free him.

"Stop!" Nik roars in pain, "She drank the serum."

I freeze to the spot, a huge dizzy spell overwhelming me. I blink several times, turning to see Aurora standing in front of me, Hayley unconscious across the room.