Chapter [49]

Danielle's PoV

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Danielle's PoV

I push the stroller down the streets of the French Quarter, Hayley and Jackson walking together behind me.

I stop for a moment, tickling Hope's tummy.

Jackson leans up Hayley whispering into her ear, "Well, Mrs. Marshall-Kenner, now that you've got a real local to show you around the quarter, where would you like to start?"

Hayley smirks, "Well, Mr. Kenner, I'd ask to see your old haunts, but we do have an impressionable, young lady and her mother with us."

I shake my head listening to the violinist playing a song, dropping some money into their case.

Moving to walk away, a familiar slow tune echoes in my ear, the same tune Dahlia used to sing to Freya.

I glance back at the violinist who is staring at Hope and I.

"What's wrong?" Hayley asks.

    "That song... What is it?" I ask nervously.

Hayley notices the creepy gaze of the violinist, "Let's go."

I walk quicky pushing the stroller, scanning my surroundings spotting a waiter writing a sign, 'A promise made is a debt to be paid.'

I turn the corner, being stopped by a man holding a large, long-stemmed red and black flower.

He smiles at Hope and I, "Flowers, miss. A gift for the child."

Jackson notices my unease, "No, we're alright. Thank you!"

"You sure?" The man holds up the flower again, "Black dahlias are in bloom. They're quite lovely."

My eyes widen shrugging last the man, only for his hand to grip my arm tightly his eyes glazed over white.

Nik appears out of nowhere shoving the man against the light post, "Show yourself, witch."

Hayley gasps, "Danielle, Klaus!"

We turn round spotting Jackson's eyes pure white.

"I am here. I am everywhere, and I intend to take what is mine," Dahlia threatens.

Nik and I share a look, "It's her."

Jackson begins groaning, Dahlia leaving his body, "Hey, what just happened?"

We all look at each other, "Dahlia."