Chapter [55]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I curl up on the rocking chair in Hope's nursery, gently bouncing her to sleep under the loud parade occuring outside.

Sighing in frustration I yell out the window, "Hey! It's not Jazz Fest! Some of us have toddlers who need to sleep!"

Hope opens her eyes, a sudden wail echoing from her lips leading me to cringe.

"It's okay Sweetheart," I coo, holding her close to my chest, "Mama's sorry for shouting. Go back to sleep."

"You okay, Little Wolf," Nik whispers entering the little room.

I ignore him standing to my feet, placing Hope into her crib.

"C'mon Danielle," He expresses, "You know it wasn't my intention for you to fall under the crescent curse-"

I shut the window cutting him off, tugging the beige curtains closed.

"I'm not in the mood to talk, Nik," I speed into the bedroom opening the dresser looking for a vest and shorts to wear.

"Well I think we should," Nik says impatiently from beside me, "I had no idea what Dahlia was planning, you must believe me."

Turning to face him, "I know you didn't mean for any of this to happen.......But when Dahlia made me an original everything heightened once again, more so than when I transitioned into a hybrid......"

He shows a look of empathy.

I take a seat on the bed glancing up at him, ".....my emotions, my hunger and obviously my werewolf aggression towards you and everyone else."

"I deserved your aggression," He looks to the ground guilty, "I didn't protect you. And that haunts me."

Nik sits beside me, "I've only ever wanted our family to be loved in a safe environment, always and forever."

"Nik, promise me that from now on no matter what happens we stick together," I reach for his hand squeezing it gently, "Despite our fight earlier I do still love you."

He smiles pressing a soft kiss on my cheek, "I love you too, Little Wolf."

I lean into his embrace when his phone vibrates in his pocket. He pulls it out a disturbed look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask with worry.

"There's a darkness looming over our family," Nik explains, "A new prophecy that threatens our beloved future."