Chapter [63]

Danielle's PoV

I stand to my feet speeding forward gripping Aurora tightly in a choke-hold, ruthlessly punching my hand into her chest grabbing her heart.

"It seems as though you've got a broken heart," I smirk squeezing it hard, "Would be a shame if you lost it."

Aurora reaches forward breaking my wrist, freeing herself twisting my arms behind my back slamming my head on a workbench.

"Darling, jealously is not a good look on you," Her voice dances in my ear, "Nik might say he loves you but would he fully commit to you. I bet he isn't as truthful is he?"

I growl headbutting her harshly, blood pouring from her nose, "It doesn't matter. We love each other. We have a family together, and I will not let you ruin that."

She scoffs, "You mean that little brat of yours. One day she'll call me mummy, not you."

I clench my jaw punching her in the face, kicking her in the abdomen and whacking her head  several times against the wall.

"Danielle," Cami calls out, "Stop!"

Taking a deep breathe I step backwards glaring coldly at Aurora.

"That was a mistake," Aurora grins rushing forward stabbing me with a large dose of wolfsbane.

Breathing deeply Aurora wipes the blood from her face, "Okay. I've had enough analysis. Let's shine the light back on you, shall we?"

She bends down in front of Cami, "Tell me your deepest, darkest secret. And if I sense that you are holding back... Well, you might not live long enough for Nik to get here."

Cami remains silent her eyes on my groaning on the ground next to her.

"I will not ask again. Your greatest shame. Admit it And do not bother lying, because I will know, and then I will end you."

Cami hesitates, "Junior year of college... I was arrested for assault, battery..."

I watch her stand to her feet.

"Ooh, fabulous! Now that's more like it," Aurora sits down smiling, "Now, do go on..."

Cami sighs, "It was... some guy. He was dating my roommate. She tried to break up with him, so he hit her. Broke her nose. I tried to get her to go to the police, the dean, anybody, but she was too scared. I hated that he was just getting away with it, like nothing ever happened. I saw him one night at a bar, hitting on a freshman..."