Chapter [43]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I desperately pull clothes off their hangers shoving them messily into a bag.

"What do you think you're doing?" Nik drawls entering the room.

I frown still packing, "Elijah said they're on the road. So, I'm going to go to them and get our daughter."

Nik steps forward gently calling my name, "Danielle..."

I shake my head, snapping abruptly, "Do not tell me that it's not safe! I'll tell you what's not safe blowing up a house just to keep your evil brother from finding her!"

He sighs placing a hand on my shoulder, "We will deal with Finn."

"And then what?" I growl in frustration, "Every time you kill him, he's just going to jump into another body."

I feel Nik twist me round to face him, "We tried running. We tried hiding. Neither will work."

"So what's your bright idea?"

Nik smiles, "As it happens, I am working on a plan as we speak! One which will be bolstered greatly if you just calm down and keep your eye on the prize!"

I exhale sharply, "Do not manage me, I have every right to..."

"Danielle, Your sister is getting married today. An act which will seal the loyalty of all the wolves that answer to Finn!"

I sigh calming down slightly.

Nik lifts the bag from my hand placing it onto the bed, "She'll become the queen of the wolf army protecting our daughter. While you....you are the queen of New Orleans itself."

I look up into his eyes, "And a queen does not run."

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I stand in front of the wardrobe in Hayley's bedroom sifting through several different old dresses, hats and jewelry.

Hayley looks through a box in the corner trying to find the perfect accessory.

Rebekah enters the room hiding something behind her back, "Alright, bad news first I will have to miss your nuptials."

Hayley frowns with disappointment.

"Kol has a bit of a life-and-death matter he needs help dealing with."

I step away from the furniture edging closer to them, "Anything we can do?"