Chapter [9]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I squint at the sunlight blinking consistently before opening them fully. I look around noticing I'm in the back of an SUV. My wrists bound with a Zip-tie listening to Hayley was arguing with someone.

I glance up, "Tyler!"

"Hello Dani," He grins before knocking me out, again.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I wake up inside a cabin, instantly moving to try to break the zip-tie.

"Ahh. Nice of you to finally wake up Dani, now the real show can begin," He states walking over to me.

"What do you want Tyler?" I spit.

"I want to test a theory," He explains cutting my binds around my ankles.

Hayley scoffs, "Really? Then why ambush us in our own backyard?"

Tyler's face morphs to anger, "It's not your backyard, it's Klaus'! You're both shacked up in that mansion with that psycho," He  looks directly at Hayley, "A long way from the girl I met in the Appalachians, helping other werewolves."

I sit up glaring at him, "Hey! A lot has happened since the last time we saw you."

Tyler smirks, "You mean that you're pregnant? A hybrid baby, yeah, I know all about it. I've been roaming around the Bayou, asking questions. Let me tell you what I learned!"

He pulls down our shirts, exposing our birthmarks on our shoulders.

"This crescent birthmark means you both come from a big-shot family. Some kind of royalty for the werewolves of this region. And right here...." He gestures to our surroundings, ".....This is all that's left of them."

Another man bursts into the room, "Is that them?"

Tyler nods, "Yeah, Dwayne. Let's get down to business."

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Hayley and I sit with our wrists tied up against a stove.

I glance at Hayley who looks up at Tyler.

"Tyler, there's been a wolf watching us lately. Protecting us, like it instinctively knows that we're part of it's pack," She explains to him.

I catch on, "You're a hybrid, you can turn into a wolf whenever you want...Was it you?"

Tyler gives us a look of confusion, "No, but you're right....only hybrids can control when they change. And I'm the only one left, besides Klaus. Which is why we're here."

I look at him with worry.

"Whatever you think you're doing, you know that whole Original family has made some sort of pact, or something, to keep Danielle, the baby and I safe. So, if you hurt us, they'll kill you," Hayley threatens.

"What makes you think I'm afraid to die?" Tyler asks grinning.

I stare at him in fear, jumping back when he retrieves a large syringe from a bag in front of us.

"What are you doing?" Hayley asks swallowing nervously.

Tyler smiles walking over to me.
I start shaking against my restraints trying to break free.

"Tyler, please. NO! Tyler!" Hayley shouts.

Tyler stares me in the eyes, "Klaus destroyed everything good in my life! So, I'm gonna take away the thing he wants most!"

My eyes widen, "NO, PLEASE! TYLER, PLEASE!"

Tyler stabs the needle deep into my abdomen. The immense pain overcoming me, my head feeling faint.
He draws out some blood, the dark red substance making me feel sick.

Tyler forcefully removes the needle, inserting it roughly into the Dwayne's arm.

I stare in shock curling up into a ball, widening my eyes when Tyler brutally snaps Dwayne's neck

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

An hour later

Tyler looks up at us, "Don't get all judgy! Dwayne knew what he was getting into. He volunteered!"

"For you to kill him?" Hayley asks skeptically.

Tyler sighs, "Dwayne is a werewolf who died with Danielle's blood in his system. The same blood the she shares with her hybrid baby."

I scrunch up my eyebrows, "You're trying to turn him into a hybrid? That's impossible!"

"I've been running with wolf packs all over the country. One of them was tight with a witch. She had nightmare visions about your baby and how Klaus could use its blood to make an army of hybrid slaves."

I shake my head angrily, "I am sick of these witches and their premonitions about my baby. It's just a baby!"

Tyler shrugs, "Maybe. Maybe not. That's where Dwayne comes in. You see, he was happy to be the test case. If you haven't noticed, these people don't have much to live for. They'd all welcome the chance to become the superior species. Trouble is, all hybrids are sired to Klaus. They follow his every move. No way I let that happen."

"How can you be so sure Klaus knows what the baby's blood will do?" Hayley asks.

Tyler laughs, "What do you think? Klaus Mikaelson, killer of men, women and puppies, all of a sudden wants to be a daddy? Or, he's got an ulterior motive. Hybrids can walk in the sun. Their bite is lethal to vampires. They'll take over New Orleans by the end of the week. And you know what's going to stop Klaus then? Nothing."

I shake my head growling at this new revelation, "Nik wouldn't do that. Not to me."

Dwayne gasps awake.

Tyler bends down helping him up, "You're gonna have to feed on her."

Tyler steps forward cutting my neck with a large knife.

"What? No! Ahhhhh!" I try to back away.

Tyler yells at him, "Do it."

Dwayne approaches me ravenously biting into my neck, pinning me against the wall.

Dwayne eventually lets go of me, my body sliding uncomfortably down the wall.
My hand immediately clamps onto my neck, the wound healing quickly.

Hayley gestures to me, her eyes indicating to the knife lying on the ground.

I reach out for it, "I can't get it."

She nods reaching for a broken chair leg instead.

xxemsy2510xx