Chapter [35]

Danielle's PoV

Danielle's PoV

I stand on the balcony of Hope's nursery. Watching over the parade happening outside, when Hayley joins me.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

I simply nod in response.

She sighs, "Elijah's MIA and I'm pretty sure Oliver's been captured by the witches for siding with us."

I turn to her, "All of this is ridiculous. I don't understand why none of us can get along. Everyone is constantly killing each other."

"Danielle, this is a war, there's no stopping people from killing each other," Hayley says sadly.

I frown, "I just want to get this over with so that I can see my little girl again, Hayley."

I face her completely, "It's killing me to be away from her for so long."

She gives me a sympathetic smile.

"We need to do something. Anything to stop the wolves from siding with the witches, we should be free not slaves," I tell her.

At that precise moment screams are heard throughout the compound.

Groaning, I look at Hayley, who mirrors my facial expression.

I speed inside entering mine and Nik's bedroom, proceeding to walk into the bathroom, with Hayley following me.

I instantly glance at Nik's hands, which were covered in blood.

"So, I see your interrogation went well?" I say sarcastically, leaning on the edge of the bathtub.

Nik looks at me through the mirror shrugging, "Eh, it turns out these witches are delicate creatures."

I roll my eyes watching Nik turning off the water.

He turns to face Hayley and I, "No matter! I suspected my mother had Elijah captive."

"Great," Hayley states, "Let's go find them!"

Nik shakes his head, "Esther is too powerful. She won't be easily found. I need to draw her out."

He walks out to the room, Hayley following him.

I get up slowly joining them in the hallway.

"Wait, where are you going?" Hayley asks.

Nik smiles, "Well first I need to change my shirt, then I'm going to find my brother."