Chapter [12]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

I kneel on the floor of the courtyard with Rebekah and Hayley rummaging through several different outfits for the Casket Girls Festival.

Hayley sits down next to me, "So, the witch is missing, huh?"

Rebekah nods, "Walked right out of the front door apparently. Know anything about it?"

Hayley and I glance at each other.

I shrug lifting up a nice white dress, "No, although we did tell her that the witch Elders were dead."

"Well, why would she care when the witches tried to kill her in their ritual?" Rebekah asks in confusion shaking her head.

"I think it was more of the fact that Marcel didn't tell her that the one thing preventing her from being free had been eliminated," Hayley explains.

Rebekah points at us, "So.....you two are the reason she's run off."

I put my hands up in defence, "Hey, we just told her the truth. She's the one who realized they were just using her to keep their control over the witches."

Rebekah smiles, "Yeah well, I've never been a fan of the boys club. Just wait, Elijah will join them and the three of them will be impossible."

We turn to the balcony spotting Marcel and Klaus muttering together.

Rebekah sighs, "Used by the witches, lied to by Marcel, manipulated by Elijah, threatened by Klaus. Just like a modern-day Casket Girl."

I smile, "Are you talking about Davina or yourself?"

Hayley giggles.

Rebekah scoffs, "Does it matter? Either way, us girls have got to stick together."

"Agreed."

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

I walk towards Hayley who was on the phone to someone. She notices my presence placing the phone between us.

"Sophie, Dani has joined us, what the hell do you want?" Hayley mutters distrustfully. 

Sophie voice echoes through the phone, "I know neither of you trust me, but you need to listen. Everything is about to change. Davina's on the loose."

Hayley scoffs, "Figured that out on your own, huh? Remind me again why we should give a damn?"

Sophie sighs, "I need something from you so that the witches can complete the Harvest."