Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 70: Just this once.

Start from the beginning

According to Bakunawa, she would rather struggle communicating through telepathy than learn how to speak the language of humans.

So, I didn't pursue the matter again since Bakunawa can still understand everything in the human language anyway. It's just that Bakunawa feels repulsive speaking the language of humans, so she never tried to learn to talk fluently with the human language.

During the journey with Bakunawa. I came to know that the reason why she hates the human race so much is because of her sister Bacobaco. Bakunawa got separated from Bacobaco because of the human race, is what Bakunawa told me. I don't know the specific details since this is where Bakunawa stopped her story-telling.

As I waited for the two sacred beasts to finish their secret discussions. I felt an intense stare from my left. I turned my head to the side, and I saw another little girl with deer horns and ears.

I smiled at the little girl, waving at her. "Hello, I'm Nasrin..."

Yet, as soon as the little girl noticed my gaze, she quickly ran away, hiding behind a tree and poking her head out as she shyly stared at me intensely. I retracted my hand, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

"That's sister Lampong, a sacred beast like sister Anggitay, and she is a little shy towards strangers, but sister Lampong can be very friendly once you get to know her." A husky feminine voice resounded from somewhere.

I glance, roaming my eyes around, looking for the source of the voice. However, I saw nothing but trees.

"Are you looking for me?"

The tree near me squatted down, leaning near to my face as the smoke came out from her mouth. I took a step back, feeling startled.

The tree stood up again, putting the large cigar between her mouth as she chuckled a little. Her skin is dark, blending with the surrounding. And her tree-like body has a nice hour-glass figure, standing at 9 feet tall.

Too tall, isn't she?

"It's been a while ever since the last time I saw a soul wanderer, what's your name, young one?" The tree-woman asked, staring at me with her dark green eyes.

I blink my eyes. "I'm Nasrin, and you are...?" I replied automatically, looking absentmindedly at the talking tree-woman.

"Wild rose?" the talking tree-woman said.

My brows furrowed, baffled. "Pardon, I don't think I understand," I said.

"I mean, your name Nasrin means wild rose," the talking tree-woman explained.

"Oh..." I replied, nodding my head as I mouthed an O shape.

The talking tree lifted her branch in front of me. "I'm Capriana from the Kapre race, nice to meet you Nasrin," the tree-woman named Capriana said, winking at me playfully.

I nodded, shaking her hand full of leaves. "Nice to meet you Capriana," I said, still absentminded.

After we shook hands, Capriana retracted her branch-like arm as her eyes stared at Pula's body covered in a dark fabric.

"Well Nasrin, I'll be sleeping now, alright? I'm nocturnal after all..." Capriana mumbled as she yawned, closing her eyes, then she started snoring.

I glanced at Lampong who was staring at me intensely. As soon as I turned my head, Lampong hid behind the bush in a panic, and then she peeked her head out right after.

I smiled, looking amused.

[Mortal, come here. I'm done speaking with Anggitay, but she wanted to have a private conversation with you.] Bakunawa transmitted over my head.