Manhunt-Merging

You stand in the corner of the room, watching the others play one of Louis' games. It's not the one you played at the school; Clementine wouldn't let him pick it. You're glad she didn't. He'd have made things awkward, even if it were unintentional.

It makes you glad to see them having a good time. Your old and new groups are becoming just your group, bonding so they can live together. Clementine sits among them, joining in and talking with the others. She'll be the leader; she knows it. So she's taking the initiative of getting to know the gods.

Aj: Are you staring at Clem?

You look down to your right. You didn't know he was there. You didn't see him leave the game.

You: I don't know.

Aj: Yes, you do.

You probably were, though you were lost in thought.

You: Maybe.

Aj: Why?

You: She looks good.

Aj: Does she?

You: Yes.

He looks at her and tilts his head a little.

Aj: This is because you guys kiss, isn't it? It's something I don't understand.

You: I guess so.

You're not good with kids. You're not good with people, so kids are just bigger monsters, even if they are tiny. You don't want to have any of your own.

Aj: I like your friends.

You: Yeah?

Aj: Mhm. They're funny.

You: I like them too.

Aj: Duh. They're your friends.

You: Why aren't you playing the game anymore?

Aj: They kept talking about things I didn't understand, so I got bored.

You: Understandable.

Clementine has stood up and started walking toward you. She has a limp, but she can actually walk.

Clem: What are you two talking about?

Aj: He was staring at you.

You: Fucking rat.

He hurries away, giggling.

Clem: Staring.

She smirks at you.

You: I thought you looked good.

Clem: Yeah? Is it my legs?

You: Yes.

She laughs, and you look down at her leg.

You: Where'd you get it?

Clem: The group made it for me.

You: I'm sorry I didn't help.

Clem: You carried me around for a few weeks. That's good enough.

She moves to stand next to you and turns around toward the rest of the group.

Clem: They're getting along.

You: Are you?

Clem: Yeah. They're good people.

You: Does anyone not trust them?

Clem: I think it'll just take a few days.

You: I'd be dead if it weren't for them.