Collapse-Ruin

Athena: Nice apartment.

She's leaning against the island counter, arms and legs crossed. She's got a pistol strapped to her left side, a knife on the other. The battle rages outside, and all you can think about is whether or not Clementine and the others are safe and getting out of the walls. You want to go to them but know it'd only cause them more trouble if you did.

You: It's alright.

Athena: Mine's better... Saw one of the others leave just a second ago.

You: Yeah.

Athena: And you stayed here?

You: I was on watch.

Athena: You knew we were coming.

You: Thought you might be.

Athena: What gave it away?

You: There's some blood on the sidewalk. Then some broken glass. More or less a hunch.

Athena: Damn. Thought that'd be a problem, but no, Hodr is right. It's just blood and glass. That shit is everywhere.

You: Who's that?

Hodr sounds like another god, but you wouldn't know. You've got the education of a first-grader.

Athena: Come quietly.

She's not going to answer your question.

Athena: I'm here to talk you out of fighting us.

You: And you thought I'd go for that?

Athena: Worth a shot. It's better if you do because fighting back will get you nothing but a few bruises and scratches.

You: A few bruises and scratches for freedom? Worth it.

Athena: Your days of freedom are over. You can't get out even if you get passed me. Listen, man, I don't feel like making you an enemy.

You: You already have.

Athena: Guess we'll need to patch that up then.

You: No shot.

Athena: We'll have time.

She pushes off the counter and takes a step forward. The battle hasn't been going on for long, but you can tell it's already coming to a close. The shots have become less frequent, the screaming more.

Athena: Listen to me. There are two other gods on the floor, waiting for you to try something. You do anything, and they'll be in here, and you'll be fucked.

Two more gods. Hodr, who she spoke of earlier, and another. You don't know much of these gods, but Set talked them up. Could you take three, or was Set not exaggerating?

You: I think you might be underestimating me.

Athena: You're the one underestimating.

You: Don't give a shit.

Athena: Should. Underestimate your opponent, and you'll regret it later.

You: Are we going to do this, or what?

Athena shakes her head out of frustration.

Athena: Please don't make this more complicated than it needs to be. I don't want to fight you.

You: Like you give a shit.

Athena: You think I like any of this? I'd rather be free to do whatever the hell I want, but I got caught. I can't get out. I can't just move on. So when I see someone that can be a god I-