Vengeful-Chains and Chemicals

Two Hours Later...

You were led to an empty room and bound with chains attached to the walls on either side of you. No one has come for you yet. Instead, they're letting you think yourself to death.

You think of Clementine and what they're doing to her.

You think of what they're going to do to you.

Your thoughts drift back to Clementine.

They stay on Clementine.

And they don't leave Clementine.

A few short days is all it took to wrap you around her finger. You'd been alone for so long it didn't take her much at all.

Someone finally enters the room, not saying a word. They push a cart in and leave. Atop the cart sits a pack. It's not long after that that someone else enters. You can see the hate in their eyes as they stalk in. You can only wonder what you did to make them hate you so much. You don't even recognize him.

Unknown: Hello Y/N.

His voice is shaky as he speaks, and besides the hate in his eyes, he has a friendly presence.

You: Where is she?

His back is to you as he messes with the pack on the cart.

Unknown: Clementine? She's... Fine.

You: I'm gonna kill you.

Unknown: You can certainly try.

He trembles slightly. He's never tortured anyone in his life, and you're betting that's what is about to happen.

Unknown: You're not in a position to make those kinds of threats, Y/N.

He turns around, holding a bottle in one hand and a cloth in the other.

Unknown: My name is John.

He puts the cloth on top of the open bottle and tips them over.

John: I am the leader of this community.

Now you know you're in a community. Too many people to escape without complications.

John: I don't expect you to recognize me.

He tips the bottle and cloth right side up, having soaked one side of the rag.

You: Good, cause I don't know who the fuck you are.

You keep looking at the cloth, wondering what he's going to do with it.

John: You will... This is gonna hurt.

He steps close and presses the towel to your left wrist. It takes a moment for the burning to kick in. You jerk against the chains, gritting your teeth. You can see John cringe; he doesn't have the stomach for this.

You: What the fuck is that?

The burning only gets worse as time goes on. A small scream escapes your lips.

John: Chemical burns are a nasty thing, Y/N.

He removes the towel and walks back to his cart. You look up at your burning wrist. It's turned bright red. It's a burn, and the pain is good. That means it didn't kill any nerves.

John: It should get treatment, really, but I don't think it should have given you a burn worse than second-degree.

He starts rummaging through his bag again.

You: What do you want?!

He stops and grips the edges of the cart until his knuckles are white.

John: I want you to die, Y/N. I want to watch you die.

He begins noticeably shaking.

John: But, I... You're just a kid.

You: So, let us go.

John: I can't.

You: Why not?

John: Because I want you to die and so do a lot of other people.

You: For what? What did I even-

John: You took everything from us!

You: What the hell are you on about?

John: You killed so many of us. Slaughtered us for no reason! Took everything we had and left us for dead!

You: When? Where?

John: Two years ago.

You: I don't know when that was. Do you think I have any concept of when two years ago was?

John: Timothy's group.

You: Who?

John: Don't play stupid!

You: I'm not! I don't know what you're talking about!

John: Regardless... You killed them. And you're going to pay.

He walks back to you, holding a knife in his hand.

You: If it's me you want, let Clementine go.

John: Her people killed my people.

You: Because you attacked them!

John: And they were hiding you.

You: They took me in and saved my life!

John: You didn't deserve it.

He stabs you in the side, cringing again as you scream.

John: You're gonna feel pain.

You: Let her go, John... Please.

John: And you'll watch her hurt too.