Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 67: Not on the same wavelength.

Start from the beginning

"Mm," I hum, pondering to myself. I closed my eyes, imagining the white blade transforming back to my right hand.

After a while, I heard a crackling ringing in my ears.

[You did it. The white blade transforms back to your original hand.] Bakunawa transmitted in my head.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief as I opened my eyes, raising my right arm in front of me.

I smiled to myself, seeing my hand back. Although it still appeared weird since the forged hand is milky-white in colour while my complexion is just a little fair, but after being sun-bathed under the burning rays of the sun. The tone of my skin turned sun-kissed. So, the colour difference between my forged hand and natural skin became even more visible.

[How did you do it?] Bakunawa asked, puzzled.

I shrugged. "I don't know, I just tried visualizing the white blade to transform back to my original hand," I said, scratching the back of my neck.

[That's really surprising to me as a sacred beast. How did this happen?] Bakunawa said, sounding amaze in my head.

This made me tilt my head to the side in wonder. "Hmm, do you know what Pula's horn is made of?" I asked back.

[What do you mean?]

"I mean, if you know the properties or components of a red rabbit's horn," I explained.

[Hmm, all horns on top of a monster's head or a sacred beast are both composed of metallic particles.] Bakunawa answered.

My eyes stared at the sea in a trance, thinking hard of what Bakunawa said to my head.

[Actually, this is the reason why humans hunt and tame monsters. The stronger the level of the monster, the higher the quality its horns gets. And that white blade on your right is a Mythril, one of the best types of metals to forge into a weapon. It's stronger and lighter than steel. And its beauty will never fade.] Bakunawa added detailedly.

Hearing the word metal again, an idea flashed to my mind. And my eyes lit up enlightened.

"Oh, I see..." I mumbled, nodding my head understandably.

[Why? Does the mythril have something to do with why your forged hand transforms to a blade?] Bakunawa asked curiously.

My lips curved. "Yes, because earth attributes come from soil, right?"

[And? What's the connection between the two?] Bakunawa urged, confused.

"In my original world, soil is a material composed of five ingredients, and that is: organic matter, living organisms, gas, water, and...minerals," I paused as I smiled even more. "And minerals can be metallic or non-metallic. In Pula's case, I think her horn have a huge percentage of metallic minerals."

[So, you mean, these metallic minerals are the reason why you manage to transform that forged hand into a blade?]

I nodded. "Based on the logical knowledge of my original world, I think this is the best possible answer," I answered.

[Woah, that's mind-blowing. Your world is quite impressive. I heard that some worlds in other dimensions don't have an advanced magic system. And rather focusing their attention on magic, these worlds concentrated on their technology. Is it really true?]

"That's indeed true. We study and focus on science," I said proudly, grinning to myself as I remembered earth.

[Science, huh. So, what type of magic does it do?]

I chuckled, feeling a little nostalgic. Because this is making me remember earth so much. "No, we don't have such things like magic, and science is a general term for studying life or matter across the universe, we form conclusions based on credible evidence and logical explanations," I replied with a soft gaze.