Chapter - 97 | The Game of Eyes

Start from the beginning

Both twins exchanged looks as they listened to Gayatri. Kanchan resisted the urge to smile, knowing very well what the matter was.

Kitty fidgeted but did respond, though ambiguously, "Voh Mom... Asal mein..."

"Hum kal ke baare mein soch rhe the..."

"Yaani kal jo kuch bhi hua... Anokhi ke saath..."

"Aurrrrr..." she held off for a second.

"Aur?..." Gayatri waited.

"Aur... Shaurya Bhaiya ne jo kiya..."

"I mean jis tarah se Anokhi ki help ki..." Kitty carefully selected which words to emphasize while speaking. The purpose was for everyone in the room to grasp the underlying meaning she was aiming to convey. She even shifted her gaze to meet her mother's. She was curious if her mother felt the same way she did about it. But there was only puzzlement visible on Gayatri's face. Kitty became a bit upset that her Mom happened to miss all of the hints she was dropping by bringing up the incident from yesterday.

However, Kanchan and Bebo were different. The three were interacting silently through their eyes.

As the trio kept looking at each other to find answers on each other's faces, an unavoidable impish smile curled up on their faces. They were all wearing a sly grin at this point. Although no one had mentioned anything other than Kitty's wise choice of words, their whimsical expressions on their faces were enough for them to deduce what each of them was thinking.

"Bhabhi..."

"Kya aap bhi vhi soch rhe ho jo hum soch rhe hain?..." Bebo finally spoke up because she could take no more of the suspense. She was aware of what her twin sister, Kitty, was thinking. So she just wanted to know if Kanchan Bhabhi was thinking the same thing. And if she was, it meant that what they were thinking stood a good chance of turning out to be true.

The smile on Kanchan's face grew even wider upon being asked by Bebo. Her face was lit up with excitement. The sisters had recounted the entire incident to her and Gayatri the previous night, from how Anokhi burned her hand to how Shaurya Bhaiya ended up tending to her wounds. She was conscious of what was going on in the minds of both of her sisters-in-law. And hence was the blooming happiness in her heart.

"Ekdum sahi pakda Bebo!..." With a goofy grin, Kanchan gave Betty their much-needed confirmation.

"Tum log aise has kyun rhe ho?!..." Gayatri was an exception. She was in a bewildered state as to why they were all smiling like idiots about the serious accident.

"Anokhi ka haath jal gaya... Voh to achcha hua ke Shaurya ne sahi samay par marham lga diya tha..."

"Ek bada accident hote-hote bacha tha kal... Aur tum sab ho ke has rhe ho..." she chided them. Perplexed she was as to how could they smile after such a terrible event that occurred just yesterday. What surprised her the most was that, despite her reprimand, the trio continued to smile like fools while exchanging glances.

She had had enough of their absurd behavior and was reminded that she needed to get them downstairs immediately.

"Dekho tum teeno naa apni ye baatein baad mein kar lena..."

"Abhi jaldi neeche chalo... Bohot late ho rha hai..."

"Agar Bade Papa ne daanta toh fir mooh fulaakar mere paas mat aana baad mein..." she forewarned them.

With tiny hops, Bebo moved closer to her mom and said, lovingly pulling her cheeks, "Oh my Momma..."

"Hum bas abhi aaye Mom... Bas paanch minute mein..." she continued to squeeze her mother's cheek tenderly. She wanted to calm down her mom, who was more terrified than they were of receiving a scold from Bade Papa. They were so thrilled in their hearts by the possibility of their doubts becoming reality that they didn't give a damn about Bade Papa's punctuality rule.