Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 66: Rule of thumb.

Start from the beginning

I might even bring destruction to my family instead of peace, so I don't think I could face my family again on earth.

Plus, I can't face them without feeling bad about the sins I committed here in this world. And I don't want to feel bad about it. So I can only stay here even if I don't belong in this world.

What I feel at this moment is that I no longer have a home.

After walking more. The sea breeze welcomed my nose. And the sight of the deep blue ocean came into view as I went out of Bakunawa's mouth.

"Are we getting closer?" I asked, sitting down on top of Bakunawa's nose.

[Not yet, but we're near. Still two days away before we arrive there. If you're bored, how about I give you some tips to learn how to control mana while you're waiting?] Bakunawa transmitted.

My eyes lit up as I turned to look at Bakunawa's eyes. "That's a good idea," I replied.

[Alright, the first step that you always need to do is to meditate. You have to familiarise yourself with your own attributes. So you could wield them in a natural way.] Bakunawa explained.

"I think I'm already familiar with my own mana, so what's next?" I asked curiously.

[Well, the next step is to visualise this mana turning into what you imagine. Because Mana can always be transformed based on the individual's thoughts and emotions. However, you can only manifest your mana; if that element you have in mind is also available in your surrounding environment.] Bakunawa explained.

"You mean, I can't use my earth attribute here because there is no soil or ground available?" I asked to confirm.

[Yes.]

"And because I don't have a water attribute, then that means I can't extract and use this environment?" I questioned.

[Of course, you have to try visualising something that is compatible with your own attributes. Otherwise, it will not work, and you will even receive damage internally. So in your case, you will try practising with your wind attribute during the day and your dark attribute at night.] Bakunawa answered.

"Why is there a schedule?" I asked, puzzled.

Bakunawa rolled her large eyes. [Because like I said, you can't manifest an attribute that isn't available with the current environment. And dark attributes require shadow and darkness for you to be able to use it. Well, you can also try practising with the wind attribute at night, but that will lessen the time for you to familiarise yourself with the dark attribute.] Bakunawa explained.

"Mm, then I'll give it a shot now," I said, closing my eyes.

[Hold on, I'm not done yet, mortal, so be patient.] Bakunawa transmitted in a scolding tone.

Hearing the reprimanding tone of Bakunawa, I opened my eyes again. "Okay, I'm listening," I said, looking at Bakunawa's stern, large eyes.

[Mana is a form of energy, and energy is power. And power must be controlled with responsibility. So, when you're using mana, you have to always remember the rule of thumb. Otherwise, you'll end up dying because of mana.] Bakunawa warned.

I gulp, waiting for Bakunawa to continue.

[First of all, the more emotions you put into the mana that you're visualising, the stronger it is. But based on your current body, I think you're not ready to harness a large amount of mana inside your body.] Bakunawa stated.

"What will happen?" I asked, a little nervous.

[You might end up being destroyed if that happens, so be mindful of your thoughts and emotions. And always remember that every individual can only use a certain limited amount of mana that their physical body can handle. Otherwise, you'll explode and die. Additionally, you also can't run out of mana because it supports your whole body and soul to function together. In other words, there is always a limitation to everything, so always be careful, mortal.] Bakunawa explained.