Chapter 44: Good news and Bad news

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes, he let out a quiet groan while adjusting his sight

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes, he let out a quiet groan while adjusting his sight. Suddenly, he saw the familiar doctor standing on his right side while writing something.

"Luigi" Taehyung muttered calling the doctor.

"Finally, Taehyung you're awake, are you okay? Do you feel something?" Luigi asked with a hint of concern in his tone.

Taehyung shooked his head as a no and looked at him.

"Jungkook?" He asked hoping Luigi know something that happened to Jungkook.

He saw Luigi sigh before he started to speak.

"As of now, they were still doing a search and rescue operation. They didn't find him yet." Luigi responded.

Luigi looked at Taehyung and saw him crying silently.

"However, they already arrested those people who tried to kill him. They found out that they were Tyung's men, the person who was found dead in Gina's company. They took their revenge for their boss." Luigi at least tried to give him the good news.

"The baby? How's my baby?" Taehyung asked remembering about his baby.

For some reason, he can't feel something in his stomach, something was wrong.

"I don't want to tell it to you right now, you have to recover first---"

"No, please, tell me, the baby is fine, right? She's alive." Taehyung cut off Luigi's sentence and held his wrist tightly.

"The baby... She is dead, Taehyung." Luigi told him the truth.

And Taehyung was frozen upon hearing about it.

"I'm so sorry, Taehyung, we did everything for both of you to survive but you lost too much blood and it will be dangerous to you. We decided to mend you instead since the situation was 50/50. Besides, we didn't see the baby's heartbeat while we are doing surgery on you." Luigi stated, feeling sorry about the situation.

Taehyung cried, he lost two people in just a day. Jungkook was lost and the baby was dead. Nice, it's so nice that he wanted to die.

-----

After a week, Taehyung got into depression. Luigi was the one who took care of him. He tried to help Taehyung to recover but there was still no hint of improvement in Taehyung's mental health.

It got worst when the search and rescue team stopped searching for Jungkook's body since they didn't find anything in the area.

Taehyung locked himself to his room, doing nothing and not even bothering to eat what Hawan give to him.

"Sir, is there no news about sir Jeon?" Hawan asked Luigi who was in the living room.

"None yet, I did pay private divers and people to search but it was negative. They didn't see anything." Luigi sighed.

"Do you think he's still alive?" Hawan inquired.

"There's no way that bastard will be dead. He's like a cat, he got so many lives. As long as they didn't see his body, that means he was still alive. Besides, he's not welcome in both heaven and hell." Luigi shooked his head.

Hawan just went to the room where Taehyung was while holding the tray of food. She knocked on the door before going inside.

"Mr. Kim, here's your food, please at least try to eat something." Hawan uttered while looking at Taehyung.

He was just sitting on the bed and hugging his knees, staring at nowhere. It was so obvious that he started to lose some weight. She didn't get any response once again.

"I'm going to leave this food here, Mr. Kim. Please, I'm begging you, at least 3 scoops, I'll be fine." Hawan said setting down the tray of food on top of the drawer.

Hawan left without noticing Jungsoo was standing at the door looking at Taehyung. Jungsoo was mad, he hate this, he hates seeing his dad in this kind of situation, starving himself. He missed his Appa, this is not his Appa he knows.

"Appa" Jungsoo called him while walking inside the room.

Taehyung heard his voice, he looked at him with those teary yet swollen eyes.

"Why are you doing this?! Why don't you just eat what Halmeoni brought to you?!" Jungsoo asked with a hint of anger in his tone.

Taehyung just bit his bottom lip not knowing what to do.

"I hate you, I hate you, Appa!"

This time, Jungsoo yelled out his anger for the first time yet, Taehyung can sense that he was about to cry.

"Don't you love me, Appa? Don't you think about me too?! Do you want to die so you can leave me alone?" Jungsoo cried.

Taehyung came back to his senses and stood up to kneel down in front of Jungsoo.

"No, baby, that's not it. I-I don't want to die, of course, I love you, what makes you think I will leave you?" Taehyung immediately replied, cupping Jungsoo's cheeks.

"Then why? Why are you starving yourself? It hurts me seeing you like this, Appa. I lost them too, I lost my sibling and dad. Am I going to lose you again, Appa?" Jungsoo sobbed which hurt Taehyung to see his son crying in front of him.

"No, please baby, don't think like that. Appa will stay here with you. I'm sorry, I was wrong, please don't hate me." Taehyung muttered wiping off Jungsoo's tears.

"Start eating, Appa, look at yourself, you are starting to get thin. I missed you, Appa. Don't leave me like them, okay? I'm still your baby, I'm here for you, Appa, forever." Jungsoo told him with a bit of pout on his lips.

Taehyung let out a soft giggle, wiping off his tears.

"Okay, if that's what you want." Taehyung smiled.

Jungsoo hugged him and Taehyung hugged him back. Right, he still has his baby Jungsoo, he had to do anything for him. He doesn't want Jungsoo to be alone, he's still a kid after all. It will be hard for him to live alone since Taehyung has experienced that situation.

He had to be strong for Jungsoo, for his baby. Maybe, he can start again without Jungkook, right? Yes, he will do that.