Leave (Smoke)

××× 💕 ×××
I stared at the bar top in front of me, my mind elsewhere. The sounds of the music and people were a dull buzz in my ears. The glass sitting in front of me sat untouched, the droplets of sweat slipping down the side of it.

"You alright there, sugar?" The bartender asked, leaning in front of me. I didn't even look up, only resting my face in my hands as I spoke.

"Just.. relationship stuff. My boyfriend- ex, I guess it is now.. he's on and off. I get it, stress from work. He works in a CTU agency in the SAS unit and does his best, but I guess sometimes work gets to him," I murmured with a sigh. The bartender clicked her tongue, making me up a new glass.

"Sounds rough. Is it bad, this on and off?" She asked. I didn't reply right away, taking a drink before speaking.

"It's complicated. I love him more than anything. When he's with me, he takes care of me. Makes me feel like I matter and that I'm seen. He'll go above and beyond on all these extravagant gestures just to make me happy. Everytime he says he needs a break, it breaks my heart. Because everytime he comes through the infirmary, I have to keep it strictly professional and I hate treating him like that when all I want to do is here him call me love again."

The bartender stayed quiet a moment as she took care of another visitor, who happened to have sat right next to me.

"Sounds like a tough situation," a familiar voice said. I looked at the man, tearing up a little as I looked away. We were on a break again. I couldn't bring myself to look at him without wanting to kiss him.

"What do you want, James?" I asked coldy, though my voice wavered, breaking slightly as his name rolled past my lips with a bitter taste.

"Just a drink. And a chance to talk to you, James. Although, maybe the bar isn't the best place for this?" James said, gently moving my head to face him. I saw the gentle look in his eyes and crumbled, following him as he paid for the drinks and lead me outside.

"Whatever you're going to say, just say it. You hate me, that I need to make up my mind, that I'm disgusting. Whatever it is, just say it. I know I've been terrible to you lately," he muttered, his face falling and voice breaking slightly as he spoke.

"I don't hate you. I never could, James. It just hurts everytime you leave. Everytime you take a break, all I want is for things to go back to the way it was. When the happiest moments of life were when you were next to me," I told him, squaring my shoulders as I finally told him how I felt. He looked at me, wiping tears that threatened to fall from his eyes before cupping my face in his hands.

"You have no idea what'd I'd do for you, Y/n. I only broke it off was because I thought you deserved better and you do. There are so many other people out there that could give you more, give you everything you've ever wanted," he whispered, sniffing slightly as I leaned into his touch.

"James, the only person I've ever wanted is you. I would give anything just to have a moment of your time," I sobbed, closing my eyes.

"Then please, give me one more chance. I'm not gonna leave you this time, I promise," he said, pulling away. I opened my eyes as I saw him holding out a small box.

"If you don't want to, I get it. But if you accept, if you say yes, I swear to you there won't be a moment where you're not alone. I'll spend every waking moment of my free time with you and I'll never leave you again," James proposed, waiting anxiously for my reaction. "It's not a proposal you deserve, but it's the right time, I think."

I was dumbfounded. I was actually being presented the chance to stay with him for the rest of my life. I couldn't find the words, and just nodded. He laughed, a relieved and welcome sound as he pulled me close to him, holding me tight.

"I will never, ever leave you again. I promise, love."

×××

swear im not dead, ive just been on a Wolfenstein kick. i also have like no ideas to requests are very welcome