That Night [47]

A/n: I'm baaack! Finally finished this chapter. It was originally going to be a bonus but I got inspired from the last episode of AOT Final Season PT2 and decided to work it into the story...enjoy :)

*Taking place at same time as previous chapter*

"Man, it's been so long since we've all been together having a drink." Connie says while taking another swig of his beer.

"Hey Connie, remember that time when we first visited Marley and we ended up getting drunk with the refugee group?" Jean asks his friend.

"Oh shit I totally forgot about! We got so drunk that Levi looked like he was ready to have a stroke." Connie lets out a laugh at the memory of when Levi and Hange found everyone early in the morning passed out.

Jean laughs as well. "That was a fun night. Hey Y/n, you remember that night to eh?"" Jean calls out to his friend who was placing the roast in the oven.

Y/n of course remembered that night all too well, but not in the way Jean and Connie had...

-Flashback-

Everyone had split up to search for the titan shifter. Hange and Levi searched the mansion along with some of the Azumabito employees while Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Sasha, and Connie headed outside to search around the area.

Y/n had joined the later in searching of her husband. She worried about him since the moment they landed on the mainland moticing that Eren was off from being quiet to staring off in the distance as if he was living in a different world.

She wandered the property heading towards the back where a hill of rocks could be seen. The sun was setting as darkness would soon cover the earth, but she was still able to make out a silhouette standing atop the hill resembling her husband.

Y/n begun calling out his name frantically as she climbed up the hill. "Eren! What are you doing running off on your own like that?" She exclaims as soon as she reaches his side.

Eren didn't even look towards his wife, but he heard her. He knew he shouldn't have gone off on his own, but he had to...had to see it for himself...the life that was beyond their island.

A tear streamed down his cheek, then quickly wiping away with the sleeve of his jacket. He was looking at the camp below that was filled with hundreds of tents now all light from within as darkness of the night took over. He felt a ping of sadness inside his heart knowing that this camp and the people inside were going to soon be crushed by the rumbling. His time was coming, and tomorrow he leaves to infiltrate Marley to find his brother.

His gaze shifts towards his wife who was now peering down at the camp as well.

His eyes begin to ache as he attempts to hold back his tears.

He was going to leave her soon.

"What is this place?" She asks eyes widening in surprise at all the tents below.

"It's for refugees who lost their homes. This is what becomes of people's lives as a result of war..." His voice drifts off feeling sadder.

"Eren...is everything ok?" Y/n asks softly as she read the expression from his face. She moves closer to him and placing her closer hand on his bicep. "I'm your wife Eren. You can talk to me."

Eren drops his head peering at the brown leather shoes he was wearing. He went quiet as he sunk into the warmth of her hand on his arm. How he wanted to completely sink into her warmth and forget the world. How he wanted to be with her for the rest of his days instead of causing destruction and grief.