Together [33]

The two had both eventually fell asleep not long after. Y/n laid her head down on Eren's lap as her eyes slowly shut and her soft snores could be heard.

Eren switch change his gaze from watching her sleep to looking out the window, eventually feeling his own eyes slowly shut.

He was awoken not too long after where his eyes were met with large buildings outside the window.

He looks down to find his wife still asleep. Her face was relaxed and her breathing steady. His hand comes down to one of her shoulders as he shakes it lightly. "N/n, wake up. We're here." He says softly to her as he watches her stir a little before opening her eyes to meet his.

She smiles up at him. "Hey." She says to him as her hand comes up grasp the one on top her shoulder. They intertwine their fingers together briefly before she lets go to sit up.

Y/n slowly brings herself to the upright position feeling a little struggle in the process. "Woo" She says as she stretches her arms over her head. "Did you sleep any?" She asks Eren who nods.

The door opens revealing the conductor who showed them to their cabin earlier. "I'm here to take your things. You may now exit the train." He says as he goes to grab their things.

Eren places his hat back on top his head, then proceeds to stand using his cane for balance. Y/n was up already and waits for Eren to get up and walk a head of her.

"The doctor said someone is meeting you right?" The conductor yells to Y/n over the sound of chatter and whistle's blowing.

"Yah! He said he should have a sign with our name-", Y/n yells back as she is looking around for a sign. Through the crowd she soon catches a large white sign with the word 'L/n' plastered across it. "There!" She yells pointing towards the direction.

The conductor spots the white board as he heads towards the person holding it. Y/n grabs Eren's free hand so she wouldn't lose him in the crowd as they head towards the person they were going to meet.

Eren is looking around the area of the train station. It was filled with a vast number of people either waiting to board, or be picked up. He spots a person sitting on the bench. Their face was covered by a newspaper that they were holding.

It wasn't the person who was reading the paper that had caught his attention though. It was the large headline on the front of the page painted in large bolded black letters.

"Paradise Meets with Five Other Countries to Continue the Negotiations of Peace Following the Rumbling Catastrophe"

He then spots another article just below the main headline.

"Eren Yeager: Hero, or Villain?"

He feels his mouth go dry reading the two headlines.

I can't think about this right now.

He shakes his head hoping to wipe the headlines from his mind as he shifts his focus back to Y/n who was still holding his hand as they made their way towards the person who was picking them up.

The man holding the sign comes into view. He had broad shoulders with a muscular build and stood around six foot two. His black hair was wavy with some curls to it as it was slicked back, and reached past his ears. He was wearing a simple lose fit t-shirt with black pants. He eyes soon lay on a man carrying bags heading towards him. He looks past him to see a young couple following behind.

"Are you Eren and Y/n?" The man asks as soon as the couple was within speaking range.

"Yes we are." Y/n responds.