Apologies [46]

Eren walks into the bedroom finding two bodies belonging to Mikasa and Armin on the floor with his son situated between Armin's legs.

The two were idly chatting but stopped the moment Eren entered.

The air felt tense, or at least Eren found it to be tense knowing he had things he needed to own up for. His own past mistakes.

He awkwardly shuffles back and forth weight interchanging between his legs. "Do you mind if I sit for a bit?" He finally musters the courage to speak. It wasn't difficult earlier when they were altogether in the living room having each other's spouses plus Connie for support, but now it was just the three of them, plus the baby.

"Of course, Eren. It's your house after all." Armin smiles kindly to him.

"Right." Eren says as he takes a seat across from the two.

"Gah gaa" Jacob suddenly makes noises once his father came into view. His little mouth turned into a big smile as his eye's brightened in excitement. His little arms started reaching out towards him.

Eren reaches out to pat his son's head feeling the soft h/c hair underneath his palm.

"Are you having fun with Uncle Armin and Auntie Mikasa, buddy?" Eren softly asks and the baby replies with an even bigger grin then before.

"He's a really lively baby." Armin says to Eren.

Eren retracts his hand and places it along with his other hand on the floor leaning back to relax. "Yeah, and he's a total momma's boy. I'm pretty sure that will be his first word." He sighs watching his son.

"It's amazing how both him and Carla take after you and Y/n. Even Carla somewhat resembles your mom." Armin says.

Eren smiles as the image of his mother and daughter both frame in his mind knowing Carla did possess both Y/n and his own mother's beauty. "Y/n was the one who wanted to name her after my mom. I know she would have loved that." His smiles quickly fades as he realizes something else. "She would have loved both of them, and Y/n as well."

Armin and Mikasa both purse their lips thinking the same thing about Eren's mom. How her kindness would have made her easily a wonderful grandmother for his children.

"At least you honored her memory by naming your daughter after her." Mikasa says in attempt to comfort Eren.

He nods his head. "Her middle name is after Y/n's mother, and Jacob's is after dad. Carla m/n Yeager and Jacob Grisha Yeager, or L/n on both birth certificates."

"Will you ever tell them about Paradise?" Armin asks curiously only for Eren to shake his head.

"We both decided I was best they don't know about our past. Maybe one day we'll tell them, but that is a long ways away." His eyes shift down towards his son making eye contact with him. "As they get older, they both will find out about what happened on Paradise. They will learn about the titans and my actions, but Y/n thinks it's better for them to see their father as their father...not as a monster." His face becomes sad as he said the last part feeling how hard it was to think about his past but knowing the two people sitting in front of him were people he also hurt.

Mikasa and Armin also hurt hearing the last part of what Eren said realizing how painful it has been for him.

"Eren, we-", Armin starts till Eren cuts him off.

"I'm sorry." He says looking up to both. "I'm sorry for everything. Sorry for not telling you about the Attack titan's powers. Sorry for not telling you about Liberio. For the last words I said to both of you..."

"Mikasa..." Eren shifts his attention towards the woman of the circle. "I never hated you, and I am so sorry for saying that to you. For calling you a slave. You have always been a sister to me, and I know you and I are all the family we have left. I lied to you about the Ackerman power's, there was never no host you had to protect...I just made it up so it would easier to kill me in the end."