Catching Up [45]

The four men continued chatting in the living room while the ladies made themselves comfortable on the floor of Jacob's bedroom. Y/n had just finished feeding him, so the three women decided to sit on the floor with the little baby and chat for a bit.

Jacob sat between Y/n's legs with his back propped up against his mother for support. He peered towards the two women before him trying to understand the new strangers suddenly in his bedroom.

"Is it weird..." Mikasa suddenly asks nervously.

Y/n eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Is what weird?"

"When you feed him...is it weird?" She asks as she plays with the hem of her skirt.

Y/n takes a moment to process Mikasa's peculiar question. "It's an odd feeling at first...breastfeeding, but you soon get the hang of it." Reassuring her friend.

Y/n looks down at her baby boy whose teal eyes now peer up towards her making her smile. "It's actually a rewarding feeling watching your children grow. You must be excited for your baby?" She looks back up to Mikasa who is half smiling.

Mikasa was always very confident and never hesitated to take things head on in the years Y/n had known her. Now it seemed like she completely shifted to being very shy. Y/n wondered if the Ackerman's abilities had disappeared along with the titan powers, and this was the real Mikasa sitting before her.

"I think Jean is more excited than anyone." Annie says nonchalantly.

Mikasa's cheeks showed a hint of pink. "He was super excited when I told him. I am really happy as well, but just nervous about the changes."

"Don't worry about it. It seems like men don't quite get the changes that happen to a woman when you have a child. Eren always looked like a stunned bunny when I would cry out of the blue. He would try to comfort me only for me to get mad at him. It's a lot of changes emotionally." Y/n says. "Besides, Jean has been in love with you since we were cadets so I wouldn't doubt him being there for you for a second."

"Has he really?" Mikasa suddenly asks her eyes widening.

"You couldn't tell?" Annie asks her to which Mikasa shakes her head. "The boy was practically head over heels for you the first day of training."

"I think that's why he would always pick fights with Eren actually." Y/n adds thinking back to the petty arguments the two men would have.

"That sounds like Jean alright." Annie says and all three women laugh.

"What about you and Armin? Do you two want kids as well?" Y/n asks changing the subject.

Annie was never one for showing her true emotions, but the faintest hint of pink on her cheeks said otherwise. "Uhh we've talked about it, but we haven't gotten that far yet. Were both still young..."

Based on her response Y/n felt the need to not pestering her any further.

Movement filled the corner of her eyes distracting her from Annie as Y/n appears down to see Jacob's arms flailing making little coos in the process. His little eyes are looking in another direction which Y/n realizes he is reaching out to Mikasa.

Y/n chuckles at her son. "I think he wants to sit with you Mikasa." She says peering up at her friend who looks a little surprised. "Do you want to take him?"

She nods nervously reaching her arms out for Jacob. Y/n gently lifts her baby passing him to Mikasa.

She takes Jacob and situates him on top her lap like the position Y/n had before. His teal eyes peer up to Mikasa then clapping his hands and giving a big smile.