Taken [3]

-Flashback-

"You don't mean...the rumbling...is going to happen" Y/n was at a loss for words at what Eren had just told her.

They were sitting in front of a river about a mile away from the Survey Corps headquarters sitting under a large tree.

Y/n had come here many times alone until one day she noticed a head of chocolate brown hair sitting in her usual spot. She inquired to Eren why he had come to which he replied that he needed to getaway for time to think. Y/n would teasingly accused Eren of following her. He would get annoyed, but it didn't stop the light dust of pink appearing on his cheeks. He'd be lying if curiosity hadn't gotten the best of him, and he followed her once.

Since then, Eren and Y/n would often go together talking for hours, or sit in silence enjoying the quiet.

Y/n had a soft spot for the titan shifter, and as she spent more time alone with him those feelings began to evolve into something deeper.

She could tell Eren had changed since finding out the truth in the basement. She noticed it immediately after retaking Wall Maria. It looked like he was on a new mission.

To move forward.

Eren was starting to feel more comfortable around her. He'd be lying if he hadn't noticed how pretty she was before. Now he found her to be the most beautiful girl in the world. Her h/c hair would shine under the rays of the sun. Her cleaver personality and smart remarks would stir up feelings he never felt before.

His mind was always with clouded with memories of the past and future. It would almost hurt him to live in his current reality. Days he would spent looking off into nowhere because his mind would be seeing something else entirely. It was hard for him to smile most days. Even Mikasa and Armin had taken notice and try to reason with him, but he would get tired and walk away.

Yet somehow she could put a smile on his face.

One day, their conversation had somehow landed on the memories Eren would see. He starts going on about the memories of Ymir Fritz and his father's.

Y/n was shocked. Her mind was running in circles to process everything. She could not believe how cruel the world was to the Eldians.

Yet she clung to the possibility of reasoning with everyone to live in peace.

Eren knew that wasn't the case. There was no changing the future according to what he saw.

He told her the rumbling will happen regardless.

Tears began to stream down Y/n's face. Eren stared at her feeling like someone was stabbing in the chest. He knew it was too much for her. He doesn't know why he told her, but something deep down felt like he could trust her.

He reached over with his hand wiping the tears away with his thumb. "Don't cry Y/n, please." he said.

"I can't help it! People are going to die. Innocents who have nothing to do with our fight. Not just that...it...makes me sad that you see all of this. The past, how the titans originated, war, the future...I can't imagine seeing what you see. It breaks my heart that you have to go through all of this alone!"

Y/n was now sobbing as she drops her head into Eren's chest both hands clinging onto his shirt. She feels strong rough hands wrap around her body pulling her closer to him. Eren dropped his head into the crooked of her neck in an attempt to comfort her.

He felt awful.

"Eren..." Y/n whispered, "Is there really no way other way? Is there a way to change the future at all? Will you survive?".