To speak of heresy

Start from the beginning

"If you mention my name, I will kill your demons, and the human!" Leoni threatened.

Aziza... Lena... Logan... "What are they? Hostages now?"

"They are whatever I need them to be."

Son of a- Mother fucking bitch!

The priest took a step towards him. "People are going to die! Innocent people!"

Leoni interjected once again. "...and he can do nothing to stop it. Let the boy chaser act out one last bout of faux pious outrage. We all know the church is really just sweating the lost tithes."

Egil thought about the woman in the audience he told to go home. Home isn't safe now. His words were meaningless.

"Are you listening to me!?" The priest yelled.

Egil called out for the wolves. The plan just went tits up... but, he can't stop the angel's actions. He had to rescue his team. Damn! ...Damn! Damn! Damn!

He suddenly felt exhausted. There were like... a billion ways this could have played out.

"Fine." The priest rubbed the ridge of his nose. "We might still have time to get all of us out of here. Summoner, I am placing you under arrest for... for... all these deaths." He motioned for the nearby soldiers to take Egil, as he turned his back on the summoner. "Deimos. If he resists, kill him."

Deimos, in his tattered rags hoisted his hammer cross over his shoulder. "I will enjoy watching you confess your sins."

Thunk! An arrow planted itself into the zealot's thigh. He immediately turned away from the source, dipping his cross backwards, letting its girth protect his back.

Ping! Ping! Two more arrows; both of which bounced harmlessly off the gigantic steel cross.

Tap tap tap tap tap... The sound of footsteps. Flash step, followed by the glint of metal from the conic hat swordsman as he drew his curved sword's blade straight into the abdomen of one of the soldiers. The afflicted soldier took a step back. The fabric of his tabard parted, revealing the brigandine plates below.

The soldier turned to face him.

"Nani?" The swordsman gave a subdued expression of shock, realizing his blade hadn't penetrated the armor.

Egil flash stepped behind the protected soldier, drawing the dagger he snatched from the faye's... knight? Between the plates and the riveted steel rings the church held onto as standard attire, the best weapon for this case, was to have a blade thin enough to bypass the rings.

He dipped the blade's tip into the soldier's neck, piercing within one of the rings. The soldier raised his hand to try to stop the blade, but it was already in too late.

Meanwhile, the swordsman adopted a two handed stance, only upon raising his sword above his head, the soldier swung up with his shield, catching the swordsman's arms, while stabbing forward with his own weapon, towards the fighter's abdomen.

The demon flash stepped behind the soldier, doing another cut with the sword. Once again, at most he merely achieved causing the soldier to stumble forward. Damnit!

Egil looked back. Deimos began to almost glide through the air towards the archer, as her arrows seemed to clang harmlessly off his cross. Ok, at least the swordsman-

"TENCHI-"

His gaze returned to the swordsman, as a gust of wind, almost like a mini-tornado stretched from the blade of his sword up towards the clouds. When he dropped the blade this time, the narrow tornado concentrated into a single grey strand of wire, that Egil could only barely make out, followed the blade as it rested parallel with the ground.