"Keenan, do not interrupt me. I raised you correctly."

"Did you, though?" Keenan asked. "Or did you just stand there, criticizing our every action?"

"Enough, Keenan." Henry, their dad, boomed.

"You should be saying that to your wife."

Khascian puts a hand on Keenan's, pleading with him to stop. "It's ok."

But Henry and Deborah stood up. "We're leaving. It seems my children need some cleansing. My apologies Vanessa, Konstantina."

Konstantina and my mom smiled. "Oh, it's nothing." Konstantina waved her off.

"Yes, lady's night next week?" My mom asked.

"Yes, see you all then."

Khascian hugged us all before leaving with her brother. Elora and I have a theory that Khascian's father is secretly abusing them. It would explain Khascian's fear of her father and how she tries to stop Keenan...maybe from being beaten. Henry seems to control the family more than Deborah does. I hope we're just worried friends prying in too much.

I shouldn't even talk, my husband abuses me, yet I'm worried about a theory of another person's abuse.

"How is school, Selene?" My mother asked.

Selene is the youngest sister; she's nineteen. Elora has three sisters. Her only brother died in infancy. Selene is currently in college, studying for a business degree.

She smiled. "I'm enjoying it. I absolutely adore the people there."

"Not to mention her straight A's," Konstantina added.

Elora's other sisters, Phoebe and Helen, are working in marketing.

"I'm proud of you, Selene." Elora smiles, and Selene smiles back.

"We all are," Phoebe adds, shoving Helen to pay attention.

"Um, hello, hi! Yes. Congrats, Selene, but I have something important to share." Jericho cleared his throat, calling for our attention. "I heard from a shitty little birdie that the Pastor's wife, Adah, wanted me to marry Grace."

I see Phoebe's face fall a little.

"I just want to clarify that I will not be putting a ring on that ho."

Konstantina shakes her head as my mother sighs. "I think it would be a great idea. Grace needs to teach you how to behave."

Jericho's jaw clenches. "I told you, I love Phoebe. If I can't have her...well, that's just too bad because I won't be marrying anyone else."

Phoebe immediately blushes, giving a sad smile as Konstantina scoffs. "You will not marry my daughter."

Elora's father, Acetes, looks up from his phone. "I don't see a problem."

"Well, I do." Konstantina fires back.

"Jericho, you're not allowed to touch Konstantina's daughter."

Jericho scoffs, never tearing his eyes away from Phoebe. "Well, Konstantina's daughter is her own woman, who likes my touch very much."

Elora and I gasp as Helen and Selene snicker.

"Um, Jericho, please," Phoebe whispers.

"Please, what?"

I'm literally in shambles. My brother has no shame.....none anywhere.

Phoebe stands up, glaring at Jericho. "Excuse me, Jericho and I need to talk. This is completely inappropriate."