Chapter Three

Pls vote and comment!

Heyyeyeyeyey

I was taken aback by his sudden outburst, but I ignored it. "Silas told me you don't like humans."

He rolled his eyes, leaning against the wall. "I don't, which is precisely why I didn't want to come for you, and when I decide to, you're at a fucking church. Quite pathetic."

I rolled my eyes this time. "Well, I have a husband, so reject me."

He inhaled and exhaled as if he were trying to calm down. "I'm not a werewolf. I'm a Vampire. And, I don't want to; you're mine, destiny's chosen you to be mine, so that's what you're going to be....mine."

I scoff.... Oh great, another jerk, and I thought Derek was evil. No, this man wants to own me. "You're lucky we're in a church. I don't want you; I have a husband." I turn around and start walking away, but he's right in front of me in a flash, scaring the living hell out of me.

"I really don't give a fuck about your husband." He was irritated. "You know what happens to humans who are rejected by Vampire mates? They die in less than a week from sexual starvation. They become completely aroused by anything. If you slept with someone who isn't your mate....well, the amount of guilt you'll feel will be unbearable, and you'll continue to go mad over guilt and sexual frustration until your brain gives up and you die."

I furrowed my brows in bewilderment. "Why are you so angry with me? Whatever human that fucked you over is not me, so chill."

He sighs, rolling his eyes. "You are that fucking human. Fuck, I have to watch you grow old, and I'll have no one to fuck when you die."

I open my mouth to say something, but he vanishes, leaving me stuck, flabbergasted by this all.

What was his point? To tell me he wanted me and that he didn't want me. He just wanted to own me? What the fuck?

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

They decided to have lunch, but my husband came to pick me up. I was terrified until my mother told him Jericho and I had to stay for lunch. Jericho protested until he learned Elora's older sister, Phoebe, would be there.

That in itself is another story.

"You need to stop whoring around, Elora!" Konstantina scolded. "That outfit you are wearing is inappropriate. I hope you haven't become a prostitute."

Elora's eyes widened. "What? No, I haven't. Khassy, A'roya, and I recently got a job at a hospital not too far from my house."

Oh, I forgot about that.

"Really?" Deborah asked, looking at Khascian.

"That's cool, Khassy baby." Keenan, Khascian's older brother, praised.

Keenan's twenty-eight; as far as I know, he's cool. A little hot-headed at times but cool to Khascian.

"Thank you–"

"I'm surprised they hired you," Deborah admitted. "Don't they have certain requirements?"

Here we go again.

"Mother, I met all the requirements to be a doctor–"

"Educationally, but how about physically?"

"I meet them just fine. I'm healthy. That's all that matters."

Deborah scoffed. "It doesn't seem like it. I mean, when will you get married or at least bring someone to us–"

"Leave her alone, mom. She's none of your concern."