Chapter Thirty-Seven: Epilogue

Hello, I'm early because this is in fact, the last chapter. Wwooowowowowowo

I love this book soo much

I don't really like this chapter and I might rewrite it but I hope you guys enjoy the last supper.

Lemme stop.

Enjoy.

Theodore turned sixteen today....it just made me realize how old I'm getting, I'm already forty-two, but at least I'm not forty-eight like Vincent.

"Theo, what do you want to do today?"

"Nothing," he replied.

"Yes, you do. It's your birthday." I retorted as he furrowed his brows.

"Don't you worry, mother," Arayia and Tobias, my thirteen-year-old twins, walked in together. "I'll take over his birthday; he's not that important anyway."

"Just like how you suck at soccer, always giving Uncle Lucky and King a problem."

Arayia scoffed. "Shut up, Theodore."

"How is a seven-year-old and a five-year-old better at soccer than you?" Tobias snickered.

"First of all, their fathers are soccer players; of course, they're going to be better." A'rayia defended.

"Might as well give up," Theo said, shrugging, going through the book of Witch and Wizard's spells.

"Alright, not too much, y'all." I scolded. "Your dad will be here in a couple of minutes, and we can go to six flags or maybe schedule a day to go to Disneyworld?"

The twins got excited, but Theodore shook his head, closing the book. "Um, since you really want me to do something...." Theodore said, thinking. "I want to see her, the murderer."

Everyone looked at him with furrowed brows. "Excuse me?"

A'rayia laughed. "He turned sixteen and doesn't know how to act."

Tobias raised an eyebrow. "For real, what's going on?"

"Our grandmother–"

My heart jumped out of my chest when he mentioned my mother, my evil mother who had a lot more to hide than just abuse and attempted murder.

"After just a year in prison, she went back to court and was tried for first-degree murder and was found guilty. I want to interview her."

"Interview who?"

My heart jumped up again. "Everyone in this house wants me to die of a heart attack," I muttered.

Vincent chuckled, kissing my cheek. "I don't. What's going on?"

"I want to interview mom's mom."

Vincent looked at him for a while before he clapped my shoulder. "Have fun with that, A'roya."

I groaned as Vincent walked into the kitchen. "Listen, honey; your grandmother doesn't like any of you. I didn't stay with who she wanted me to be with."

Theodore shrugged. "She's a murderer, an abuser. I don't want to rekindle; I want to study her, to see why she did it. I might get a career in law enforcement after college."

Since Theodore skipped a couple of grades, he's now a sophomore in college.

"What type? The typical donut-eating police patrol officer."