Raiders Of The Lost Art Part 2...

I walked out of Sara and I's shared room, which Sara had taken as her own after my disappearance. I wasn't watching where I was going, instead staring into my phone screen and running into someone else.

"Oh, I am so sorry." I apologized as I went to pick up my phone. I looked up, not recognizing the face of the woman in front of me. "I don't think we've officially met. Jessica Hunter."

"Oh, I know who you are." I furrowed my eyebrows. "I'm sorry, it's just that Sara talks about you a lot."

I laughed lightly. "That makes a little more sense. And you are?"

"Oh, sorry, Emma Heywood." She extended her hand. "I'm a historian, just like my brother."

"It's very nice to meet you." I shook her hand. "Uh, I'm just going to get some water. Sara's passed out in their from..." I hesitated.

"From you fucking her into tomorrow?"

I laughed uncomfortably. "Uh, yeah."

"Just a little reminder- the walls in between our rooms are very thin."

XXX

The next few hours were kind of a mess. As per usual with the Legends, another problem arose. The so-called "Legion Of Doom" was after Rip, so the team put together to rescue him. They barely made it out of there alive, and they still didn't know exactly what was wrong with my uncle. Ergo, the medbay scan.

"Well, Gideon?" Sara asked him, intertwining her fingers with mine.

"I'm afraid the news isn't good, Captain. A deep scan reveals that Captain Hunter's neural architecture has been completely reconstructed. His limbic system programmed with a new identity."

"So it isn't time drift."

"At least we know what it is now so that me and the nerds can work on fixing it." I said, trying to calm Sara.

"Rip didn't forget who he was...he changed." Sara responded, unsettled enough to release her grip on my hand.

"Reprogrammed?" Ray asked suddenly. "The technology to alter the brain at that level doesn't even exist."

"Unless his brain was somehow altered by the impulses from the time drive."
"Yeah, the, uh- the, uh," Ray couldn't manage to squeak out the words "time drive"

"From the ship's time drive?" Stein asked, just to confirm and help him out.

"Uh, yeah."

"You're talking about temporal electrocution." Stein said, not exactly believing it to be an option.

"That's probably what it is." I insisted. "He touched the time drive. I didn't. Here we are."

"As a method of time travel, it's practically suicidal." Stein insisted.

"It is." My face went serious as I raised my voice. "He did it for me." I sighed, trying to regain my composure. "You know what, I'm sorry. I can't do this."

XXX

I hated this new team. I was a nobody. I was Rip's, no, Phil's, babysitter while the rest of the team dealt with the Legion. I had enough of it.

"W-where are you going?" Phil asked as I looked around the parlor and bridge for my laser gun.

"I am going to be Jes Hunter. With or without you. There it is." I grabbed my gun, turning around to where Phil was originally sitting. He was gone. "Shit."

XXX
When I got outside, Phil was standing in the middle of the fight, wearing Rip's jacket and Rip's broken laser gun on his hip. I didn't think twice. I ran into the middle of the fight, sheltering Rip as we ran for cover. But, before I could take more than a few steps, a red light swirled around us. Next thing I knew, Phil and I were tied up in a dark room, only a few dim lights allowing us to see each other.

"This is why you should have waited for me. Or not gone at all." I scolded Phil.

"I'm- I'm sorry. I was just trying to help."

"You did the opposite of help! I just got Sara back and because of you, I lost her all over again."

XXX

Sara's POV

I couldn't move. I felt stuck. Staring down at the fragment of the Spear of Destiny we had obtained, I felt stuck. I lost her twice. Twice. Twice she slipped right from my fingers. I didn't bother looking up when I heard the light taps of shoes against the stairs leading towards the cargo bay. It wasn't until they crossed past my line of vision did I realize that it was Emma.

"You couldn't have gotten them." She assured me, clearly hesitant on how she should speak to me in the first place. "You know that, right?"

"Yeah." My voice was soft, almost shallow.

"Look, Sara, you can't beat yourself up about this."

"It is my responsibility as captain to make sure that everyone gets back on this ship. And it is my responsibility as a girlfriend to protect the woman I love at all costs. And I failed. On both accounts." I dropped the wooden plank, getting up and pacing the cargo bay.

"You call getting a piece of the Spear Of Destiny and the Medallion a failure? The Legion have nothing. They have Rip and Jes. We lost them, Emma. Again."

"But they won't have them for long. If I know one thing about you, it's that you don't give up. Especially if it's Jessica. When you really want something, you are unstoppable, and God help anybody that tries to get in your way. We are gonna find them and we're gonna bring them home."

She started to walk away, but stopped when she heard my voice again. "Is that a promise?"

"That's a prophecy."

XXX

Jessica's POV

Time was weird, wherever Rip and I, or Phil and I, were being held. I kept drifting in and out of consciousness. The room was exactly the same as I had left it, seeing as not much can happen when you're chained to a chair, unable to escape. Only one thing changed- Phil was calling out to the black void laying in front of us.

"Hello? Hello?"

"Phil, Rip, whoever you are, just shut the hell up!"

He ignored me and instead continued to call out. "Is anybody there?" Red electricity that was all too familiar to me zipped into the room. "Hey, man."

"Welcome, Captains."

Rip laughed nervously in response. "Right. You know I was bluffing, right? I am not actually Rip Hunter. My name is Phil. I'm a full time film student and a part time recreational drug user. Seriously regretting the latter."

"Oh, I know exactly who you are. Who both of you are. I know that you're both one of the protectors of the Spear of Destiny, and I know that one of you knows where the other pieces are hidden."

"I- I don't know anything. I- I- I swear."

"Ditto." I spat angrily at the speedster. That was true for the record. Rip and I set up a system. Since he lost his memory of finding the spear, I lost mine.

"I am not Rip Hunter! I am... nobody!" His breath briskly became shallow and quick. "I can't believe this is happening to me."

"Shut up!" Instead of taking my advice, Phil glanced at the tray of instruments, becoming worried again.

"You're gonna torture us aren't you?"

"Oh, no, not her." Eobard chuckled devilishly. "You see, with her League training, that would be pointless. And I'm not the one who's going to do the torturing." He glanced to the other side of the room where Damien Darhk and Malcolm Merlyn were standing. "They are."