River of Time...

"Mission... almost accomplished." Mick grumbled as Rip and I explained our situation.

"That bottle of scotch was given to us by Rob Roy MacGregor in 1869." Rip said as Mick drank straight from the bottle.

"It's not half bad." He handed the bottle to Sara.

"We should be toasting to Savage's death." She pointed out.

"Apart from celebrating murder, Savage still has Carter brainwashed." Stein pointed out.

"I don't know if you've been paying attention, Professor, but murdering Savage was always the plan." Snart reminded him.

"Besides, Carter reincarnates." I reminded the professor.

"Which is more than I can say about us." Mick added.

"As long as he's on board and breathing, Savage is a threat to everyone on this ship." Snart pointed out.

"So what, we just kill Savage and leave Carter a brainless drone?" Kendra countered.

"Yes."

"Sorry we're late, but we found something." Ray said as he and Jax entered the bridge.

"We've been running diagnostics on Ray's suit after his battle with Savage's Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot."

"The telemetry data included a comparative scan of the robot's tech."

"Amazing." Stein muttered. "This neuromorphic profile is astonishingly futuristic."

"Yeah, it's from 2166." Kendra reminded the professor.

"Well, that's the thing. It's not." Jax corrected her.

"This technology's light years more advanced than anything from 2166."

"Who cares?" Snart asked.

"The time masters." I concluded. "They refused to take action against Savage because he didn't pose a threat to the timeline."

"But if he comes into possession of future technology..." Martin's voice trailed off suggestively.

"It means he's been engaging in exactly the same manipulation of time that the Time Council were designed to prevent."

"So now they'll finally sign off on undoing all the damage Savage has done to the world." Sara thought aloud.

"Last time I checked, the time council was at the edge of the timeline, and this bucket of bolts can barely hold it together as is."

"Gideon, what's the status of the time drive?" I grabbed the bottle of scotch.

"Stable, Captain."

"Plot a course for the vanishing point." Rip instructed the AI.

"Tonight, Vandal Savage faces justice for his crimes."

XXX

"Hey, babe, are you okay? You seem off." Sara approached me in the hallway.

"Yeah." I said. I wanted to tell her everything. The lying. Laurel. The ring. I was stuck in a trap of my own design with no way out.

"Look, I get it. The man who killed your family is back, and I get that it might be hard to process, but if you want to talk, I'm alway here, okay?" I nodded and she kissed my cheek.

XXX

"Quite the reversal of fortune, isn't it, Gareeb?" Savage asked me as I paced the outside of his cell in the brig. "4,000 years ago it was you and your uncle who were my prisoners. Ever since I met you both again, I've always wondered how you managed to escape."