Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 57: One last time.

Start from the beginning

My brows creased as I felt worried and delighted at the sight of blood. These contradicting emotions colliding inside my heart made me frown even more. 

I took a deep shaky breath as I exhaled heavily. 

"Tell me what happened," I said in a faint calm voice as I stared at Joan with urgent eyes. 

Joan glanced at me as she put the pipe between her lips. "Long story short, Saint Agatha told me to look for you. I found your trail leading to General Amana's office, and when I found you inside, you were smashing your fist to the old hag's face." 

Inhaling and exhaling a mouthful of smoke from the pipe resting between her lips, she continued, "well, she's still alive, but you were still out of control because the dark attribute is controlling your emotion, so I whacked the back of your head knocking you off, then I brought you back here…"

Hearing that the gladiator woman is still alive, my eyes narrowed as something within my consciousness wished that she had died, and at the same time, my heart also felt relieved that I didn't become a…murderer.

"And that's the end of the short summary," Joan finished. 

"Mm," I nodded as I hummed in response, then my brows furrowed as I asked, "how long have I been out?"

"Not that long," Joan replied, taking the pipe out of her lips as she emitted smoke from her mouth. "You slept for the whole day and night."

"What?" I asked as I stood up in shocked. "You should have woken me up sooner!"

"Calm down, kid, the ritual is not completed, oh hold on, I think…counting the hours that passed, perhaps we should go?" Joan said, glancing at me.

"We really should," I said as I exited the room in a haste.

Afterwards, Joan and I went to the underground floor. When we arrive there, Saint Agatha is kneeling beside Alexandra's body lying on the stone-floor.

My brows wrinkled together seeing Alexandra's pale complexion. Next to the red haired woman is the pink rabbit who became small again. No, more like, Pula returned back to her original size.

Her eyes were closed then it shot open, and our eyes met. [Master…] Pula called weakly to my mind.

My heart thump, feeling my anxious heart as I froze on the spot. 

"Go kid," Joan said, pushing me inside. 

My knees felt feeble as I walked trembling to Pula. 

[Master…] Pula called again with a hint of sadness as her voice transmitted directly to my mind.

Hearing Pula's sad voice in my head brought pain in my heart. With a hurried pace, I walk almost running to Pula. I kneeled in front of her as I carefully and cautiously held her small body in my arms one more time.

Like a fragile porcelain, I held Pula softly and firmly in my left arm. Afraid that with the slightest touch, it would suddenly break and disappear like a bubble. 

In the corner of my eyes, Saint Agatha and Joan held Alexandra, carrying the red haired woman out of the basement.

But I ignored them as I kept my eyes focused on the pink rabbit, and after a while, I heard the door creaked open then closed again with a faint thud.

[Master…] Pula called, transmitting her youthful feminine voice in my head. It sounded sweet and young and delicate. [My eyes are blurred and my body feels numb…are you there master?]

"I'm here, Pula," I said, hugging the pink rabbit near my chest, feeling the warmth coming from her small body. "I'm sorry for not being a reliable person—"