Chapter 21 - Two Months Later

Start from the beginning

"Fweee~ you aren't wrong but it is what it is." Cebrail turned the sword in her hand into a reverse grip and stabbed it into her left hand. As it came into contact with her hand the mixture of light power and magic power created a sliver magic circle. It was designed after the seal of Solomon and as it formed it seemed to suck in silver energy continuously. "Tail Eater."

With the utterance of the simple spell name, Cebrail thrust out her left hand containing the magic circle, and erupting out of it came a serpent made of bluish silver water which went straight for Puriel.

While the hard headed Angel attempted to block the spell it changed its path to coil around Puriel, trapping her in a swirling whirlpool that swept her away.

Over the past two months in an effort to control her magic power better Cebrail had been learning magic under Serafall much to the irritation of her mother. The reason for her mother allowing it was obvious however, she herself couldn't teach her daughter magic and all the magicians she knew were associated with her husband so calling them was basically asking for him to intervene. Just this once Gabriel had to admit that the childish loser known as Serafall had temporarily taken a great burden off of her shoulders. She wouldn't owe the Devil any favors however.

As the water receded Puriel was laying on the ground her short white dress basically completely see through as it clung to her body awkwardly and her lavender hair was dripping.

"Yikes." Cebrail said simply before turning to walk back towards her two party members. This is normally where their match would end however, it seemed Puriel had another trick up her sleeve this time.

"Tsk!" Puriel pointed at Cebrail and snapped her fingers. In the next instant, the Seraphim Princess was suddenly pushed to the ground by a mysterious pressure that constantly came down from a ring of light power almost like a large halo hovering over Cebrail's body.

Pureil despite her current disastrous state stood with the fire of pride in her eyes.

"After training with uncle Michael I managed to develop a unique ability! I can use my light power to manipulate gravity!" Puriel gloated confidently though she didn't take too much time as she quickly ran towards Cebrail and slammed her club into the girl's side sending her flying.

Rather than react to the pain Cebrail quickly recovered by twisting her body so that she would land in a crouch on her feet and put out a hand to support herself until she stopped sliding on the ground.

Puriel was on top of her swiftly as she was expecting Cebrail to recover, her club held high over her head. She brought it down using her own gravity manipulation to enhance the force greatly.

While the attack was blocked by Cebrail's defensive magic it still forced her back.

Two white sabers of light formed in Cebrail's hand and balls of light appeared around Puriel.

Puriel's grip on her club tightened greatly and she brought it back and began slamming it into the balls of light sending them flying towards Cebrail. With skill and extraordinary speed she just threw each of them before throwing her own weapons at the ground in front of her opponent.

"Ha! You missed!"

"No I didn't."

"Uhh, I'm pretty sure you did!"

"Impossible."

"Look! Not a scratch on me!"

"...Right..." Cebrail motioned her fingers upwards and another two silver magic circles appeared in the places where her sabers had stabbed. Instantly water erupted from the magic circles and formed chains binding Puriel.

"S-Sealing magic? Are you serious? Why even learn this crap? No, when did you learn this crap!" Puriel struggled against the chains but the more she pulled the more water tendrils would form to bind her up further. Eventually, she just gave up and conceded to Cebrail.

"Good game." Cebrail said flatly, releasing Puriel and making her way towards her party members once again, her pure silver hair almost glittering as it flowed behind her.

"Tosca we're going to the Human World..." Cebrail paused and seemed to rethink her words. "You and Reginleif should head to Sis Cross Kiss and get her one of each weapon type."

"Huh? You're buying me new weapons?" Tosca questioned, slightly surprised.

"You've recovered enough and you're clearly not all that good at using a sword so your task is to find a weapon suited for you and a new member for our group."

"Huhhhh??!?!? I have to find a new member too?" Tosca and Reginleif were both pretty shocked by this, though for Tosca it wasn't because she didn't want the work but because it seemed like a very important task to be giving to someone like herself.

"No need to worry, you'll have Reginleif with you. I'm sure she understands my tastes pretty well by now."

Reginleif pushed up her glasses without a word. After two months of being with Cebrail she understood that the girl wasn't as rational as she often claimed to be. She didn't seem to understand the very basics of common sense like the fact that you can't just "go out and find somebody" if you want a person of quality. She didn't say anything however because she already knew the response she'd get would be a confused look and a bit of vague reassurance.

Reginleif couldn't say she wasn't happy however. Cebrail seemed to trust in her judgment a great deal based on the way she often left important tasks to her such as this.

"What will you be doing Mistress?" Tosca asked, looking at Cebrail with big blue eyes filled with curiosity.

"I have to go help Ms. Serafall with something. Call me if you need anything." Cebrail walked past the two into the house leaving them with their task without a single visible worry of them failing.