our spot

we got into the car and began driving to town, but we didn't go to any of the restaurants, we drove right past them he chuckled when i began pouting.

once we hit the gravel road i knew where we were.

"our spot" he said grabbing my hand.

it was darker this time so walking in the woods wasn't like the first time being here, it was kinda creepy. but as we got closer i saw a yellow glow, once we got to the spot our red blanket was still there and it was surrounded with more than a dozen candles.

i was speechless, his smile looked like it would never come off his face. he pulled out something, a cooler with dinner inside. I didn't even notice he had brought it with us. "you cooked?" i said trying to catch a peak into what he brought.

"yeah i figured you'd like something more private, rather than a loud restaurant." He wasn't wrong i hated people.

"i'll be right back." he went running off before i could say anything back.

he brought back a boom box with him. "okay before we eat i have something for you." he handed me a small cassette tape "y/n's mix" was written in his chicken scratch handwriting.

"I'm not very good at telling my feelings, but these songs remind me of how i feel about you. and i know how much you love music."

i popped it in the boom box and gave him a kiss.

"time after time" by cyndi lauper starts playing

"now we can eat" he laughs and begins pulling stuff from the cooler.

There were burgers, fries and my favorite chocolate milkshakes.

"you got this from benny's didnt you?"

"it is your favorite place" he laughed.

we sat there talking and eating for hours. it hit 10 pm and all of a sudden i could see billy started to get nervous.

"are you okay?" i said touching his arm. "yeah...im...fine. I just got something on my mind." "billy, no secrets remember?"

"you make my dreams come true" by daryl hall and john oates starts playing

he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a small box. he took a deep breath then held my hand.

"y/n... i have been working a lot of extra hours at the shop as you already know and we haven't seen much of each other...this is why." he placed the box in my hand.

i opened the box...

"i love you forever

"i love you forever..." i read it tracing over the heart. Does he really love me? i've never heard him say it.. he showed it though...this necklace must have cost him a lot. I began to feel guilty. i looked up at him with tears in my eyes.