who are you, really?

the next morning i woke up to the phone ringing.

Luckily i had my own phone number in my bedroom. i rolled over and smacked the phone thinking that would magically make it stop ringing. it stopped then began again, when i looked at the time it was 9 am.

"hello?" i said barely able to form anything else.

"hey there sleepy head! why aren't you up yet?" the voice on the other end said.

I was too tired to recognize the voice all i managed to get out was "huh...?" "y/n you better not have listened to that cassette without me!" shock ran through my body when i realized it was billy.

"billy? why are you calling me so early on a saturday?!"

"i needed to make sure you didn't listen to it without me. do you have plans today? i have to take max to the arcade but i was thinking we could finish listening to it once i dropped her off? i could pick you up?"

"I'm supposed to take dustin to the arcade too, come to think of it." "do you want to meet me there and we can go somewhere away from everyone this time?"

"sure."

"alright see you soon." i hung up and rolled over. Then the whole conversation i just had hit me, somewhere alone? with billy who i JUST met. What am i doing?

I went down to the basement and pushed dustin off his bed.

he immediately jumped up "what the hell was that for y/n?!"

"if you want a ride to the arcade you have 20 minutes. and watch your tone with me boy or else."

"or else what?" he said climbing back into his bed closing his eyes.

"or else im leaving you here alone all day with no ride and nothing to do!" his eyes popped open and he sprinted to his dresser.

I laughed and walked back up to my room and began getting dressed. I decided to wear my cut off jean shorts and a black tank top with a red flannel shirt over it. putting my shoes on dustin met me at the door.

"go fix your hair you look like rats sucked on it" i said noticing the boy didnt touch one of his curls. he muttered something under his breath. "i mean it's your decision i just know if i was seeing max i would want my hair to be fixed." he instantly stopped in his tracks "WHAT" turning bright red. i was laughing now "just go im done embarrassing you...for now. I'm gonna see if my car will start, just meet me out there okay?" he gave me a thumbs up as he ran in the other direction.

as i walked outside i saw billy at his car assuming he was waiting on max. i climbed into my car as he glanced my way.

i turned the key and...nothing.

then i tried again...still nothing.

"crap" i muttered to myself, getting out of the car and opening the hood.

For some reason there was oil all over the engine. "shit. i'm leaking oil again." i checked my oil levels and i was right. Luckily I drove around with an extra bottle. Unknowingly billy watched everything i did in amazement.

billy's P.O.V

who was this chick? she liked all the same music i do, is hot as shit, and works on cars? i cant focus, i cant get her out of my head. listening to the cars in her car yesterday was the first time ive smiled in months. i was actually nice to max, i was happy until i walked through that door. neil was waiting for me.

we came home late and Neil didn't like that, we got into a big argument and I didn't back down this time. i normally let him take his anger out on me and just deal, but something was different this time. i had a new spark. i got a new bruise last night before i left. i hated coming home when neil and susan were here. the only good thing is y/n now lives 2 houses over and i can see her now. i need to know more about her, shes better than cigarettes and alcohol.