Chapter 39

Marionette's POV
"Wanna go get something to eat?"

I shook my head.

"Alright...uh do you wanna go see a movie?"

I shook my head again.

"Erm...do you wanna just go for a drive? Maybe it can clear your head a bit?"

I shrugged.

"Do you want to just...stay in bed all day? Cause we can do that."

I shrugged again.

"Baby come on. There's gotta be something. Do you wanna talk about baby names? Cause I have a few."

I shook my head.

"Okay what do you need?"

I walked over to his bed. I laid down and held my arms out. He started walking towards me. Someone knocked on his door so he opened it. He crouched down.

"Hey bug."

"Is mommy better?"

"I'm not sure."

"I wanna see her!"

Novalyn pushed Raven out of her way.

"What the-"

I started laughing. She ran up to Raven's bed and I helped her get on it. She started hugging me.

"Hi mommy!"

"Hey."

"Do you feel better?"

"No. I don't. I will soon." I said as my voice cracked.

"Can I help?"

"Yeah. I'd like that"

She curled up into a ball in my lap.

"You've got a great daughter Zed. You really do."

Raven walked over to his bed. He sat down next to me. I laid down. I put Novalyn next to me.

"You don't feel any better right now?"

I looked up at Raven.

"You want me to be honest?"

"Yeah. How can I help if, you're not?"

"I'm not any better. All the progress I made...went out the window."

"Should I worry about you?"

"I don't think so. I-I want to live. I-I just feel gross and worthless again."

"No. You're not worthless."

"I know I'm not. T-there's just this voice in the back of my head. It shuts up for a while then...it starts again. It was quiet for a while. It just started talking again right away."

He kissed me.

"I wish I could make it stop. I really do Ven. I try to ignore it but...it gets louder. I-it's not telling me to hurt myself. It's just tearing me down."

He laid down and propped himself up on an elbow. He put a hand on my cheek. He started rubbing it with his thumb.

"Want me to beat it up for you?"

I chuckled.

"I wish. I've been meaning to ask you this but...are you going to college?"

"Not sure yet. If I do, I don't want be far from you guys. Why do you ask?"

"I'm so used to being with you...I think...I'd have separation anxiety if you were gone for a while."

"Baby...you could always call me."

"It's not the same though. I don't get to hug you or anything. I don't get to come over when, I have nightmares."

"I know. I want to go but at the same time...I don't. I'm used to being by family. I might go crazy if, I'm far from everyone. L-let's talk about something else."

"Smart idea."

He wrapped my arm around him. He put his head on my chest. He started playing with my necklace.

"I love you. You'll get through this."

"I love you too. I know I will. I just hope it doesn't take long."

"I'll be here the entire time. Don't worry."

I yawned.

"I knew, you'd get tired soon. I know how your body is. When you're upset, it takes a lot of energy outta you."

Anastasia's POV
I was going on a late night drive with my cousin Jillian since, I thought it'd be something to clear my mind. She was driving while I was in the passenger seat.

"So why are you stressed?"

"School is killing me."

"That's it? Just school? Is everything okay with Malakai?"

"Yeah. Everything is fine. I'm just overthinking this probably but...I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant."

"Really?! Holy shit! Congrats then! Does he know?"

I shook my head.

"No. That's the issue. I'm scared to see how, he'd react. His twin is pregnant and I don't know how he actually feels about it."

"Does he seem okay with it?"

"Yeah. He's not a liar so I think he means it."

I was looking out the window. I saw a pair of headlights up on the side of us. It wasn't slowing down.

"Uhh drive faster! This guy's not slowing down!"

She went to drive faster but..that's when it happened. The car crashed into my cousin's. We were pushed off the road. The car rolled a few times. It landed upside down.