Chapter 32

Marionette's POV
"If he did anything, I have to know."

"He didn't touch me."

"Or me."

My dad crossed his arms.

"Listen. I wanna kill him as much as you both do. Trust me. This is my fault. I let him be around her. You'd think..after the first three times, I'd be more careful, right?"

"Dad you seriously can't pin this on you."

"He's my brother. I brought you to that fuckin party. I'm the one who knocked on the goddamn door."

I saw a tear slid down his face.

"Dad...this isn't your fault."

"I thought....I could make it never happen again. I must've pissed god off."

"You didn't."

Malakai started getting antsy.

"I'm gonna kill him. Now he's upset BOTH of my parents."

My brother's left eye started twitching.

"Don't you dare."

My dad walked away.

"Marionette....he's fucking our family up."

"Our family...is already fucked up."

"But mom's never been like this."

"She has. She just...wants to forget it. Dad always tells her that it's not a good idea but...she thinks if, she forgets about it, it won't hurt anymore."

"Really?"

"Yeah. She still has night terrors. I hear her crying sometimes. It's heartbreaking."

Malakai looked down.

"How come I don't hear it?"

"She does her best to be quiet but...I've been there since she was 16. I know how she sounds when, she's hiding things."

"That kinda makes sense."

The next time we were with family, was for me and Malakai's graduation party. The both of us were in the pool with Raven, and Anastasia. Novalyn was home with Sheila.

"Uncle Axel's here!"

"WHAT?!"

Malakai ran out of the pool.

"Hey! Don't you dare!"

Anastasia ran after him. Me and Raven got out of the pool. We ran up to my room. We quickly got changed.

"What the fuck was that about?"

"So you remember why...my mom was upset a few months ago right?"

"Yeah?"

"He kinda did something to my mom.."

"He-"

"Yeah...don't tell anyone. Don't say you know. J-just don't mention it."

"So what do we do?"

I shrugged.

"I dunno. I guess...keep me away from him? Keep my sister away from him?"

I laid down on my bed.

"My dad won't do anything. Axel's still his brother. I-I'll be honest...I am scared to be around him. He did hesitate to hurt my mom. He might want to do it to me or Roxie. Oh god! Novalyn!"

Raven cupped my face.

"Stop. We'll just keep her away. It'll-

Raven was hit over the head with something.

"VEN!"

He collapsed right in front of me.

"BABY!"

I dropped to my knees. I rolled him onto this back. I started shaking him.

"Wake up! Raven wake up!"

Tears started streaming down my face. I picked my head up. I saw who had hit Raven. It was Axel.

"Why?!"

"Had to get him outta the way."

"What the fuck?!"

I looked behind Axel. I saw my dad.

"Daddy? H-he hurt Ven!"

"You have less than a minute to get the FUCK out of my house!"

"What if I don't leave?"

"I'll fucking knock your ass out. Just like you did to him." I said through my teeth.

Raven groaned.

"What the hell happened?"

He put his hand on his forehead.

"Jesus Christ. Ow. I feel like I got hit with a brick."

Raven's POV
My head started pounding. I opened my eyes. My vision was okay. It wasn't blurry. I wasn't seeing double of anything. I sat up. I was a bit dizzy. I started trying to stand up. I fell back onto the ground.

"Ven? I-I'm gonna drive you back to your house. I'll stay with you for the night."

"Is this what it feels like...to be drunk? Gah. Remind me to never drink."

"Come one. Let's get you up.

Onyx forced Axel out of the house. I heard sirens followed by yelling. Malakai and Marionette helped me get to my car. Marionette drove me home then, helped me get to my room. I heard some footsteps.

"DADDY!"

I managed to sit up. Novalyn was running into my room. Marionette put her on my bed.

"Please don't yell. My head hurts."

"I-I'm sorry."

"It's okay bug. Hopefully, I'll be better in the morning."

"Babe do you need anything?"

"Yeah. Painkillers."

Marionette gave me some painkillers and I took them. She helped me get ready for bed.

"You're not eating?"

"No. I-I think...I'll vomit if I eat."

"Let me take you to the hospital."

"No no. I-I'm fine."

"Raven..."

I laid back down.