Chapter 1

Marionette's POV
Hii! I'm Marionette Jane Jericho! I'm 16! I live in New Jersey! I have a brother named "Malakai" and a half sister named "Roxana". I have a dog named "Simba". My dad is named "Onyx" and my step mom is named "Primrose". She lets me call her whenever I want. I've been telling everyone that she's my mom and not my step mom. Nobody has to know about my biological mother. She's a psycho. I'm not gonna get into the shit, she's done. My friend Sophie's brother tried to kill me. He failed though. I don't wanna talk about the other thing he did.

My sister in law Elise is closer to me than Sophie is. Me and Sophie used to be close. We haven't been in a while. I'm protective of my siblings. Especially Roxana. She's five years younger than me and Malakai. She keeps to herself. She's close with our cousin Aria though. I'm pretty sure, she trusts her more.

My alarm went off. I didn't open my eyes. I started feeling around for my phone.

Shut up.

Shut up.

I felt my phone. I picked it up.

Ew.

It's Monday.

I got up and went to my closet. I started going through my clothes. I found something to wear. I went into my bathroom and quickly changed. I brushed my teeth and hair.

"LET'S GO MJ! WE CAN'T BE LATE!"

I grabbed my stuff. I ran downstairs. My brother was pacing around the living room.

"Stop. I'm here. Let's go."

I felt someone jump onto my back. Arms went around my neck.

"Morning Mari!"

"Hey Rocky. Ready to go?"

"Mhm."

She jumped off my back.

"Where's mom?"

"I see her. She's in the car."

Me and my siblings ran out to the car. Me and Malakai raced to the front passenger seat. I won.

"Damnit!"

We got into the car and put our seatbelts on. My mom started driving.

I hope he's there today.

He's so handsome.

And tall.

But...we'd never end up together.

I'm just a nobody.

He's the captain of the football team.

Raven Zed Manheim...

I could look at him all day.

Everyone at school wants him.

I cannot compete with anyone.

At school me and Malakai went to our lockers.

"So you gonna talk to him?"

"Who?"

"You know who."

"Mally don't be silly. I'm not gonna talk to him. Plus....I don't wanna get hurt. Paul really fucked me up."

"You don't know if...he's like him."

"Andddd we're not going to find out."

I opened my locker.

"Oh come on MJ. You should at least try."

I rolled my eyes.

"It's never going to happen Malakai."

"What's never going to happen?"

My eyes widened. I closed my locker. I saw a tall boy with bright green eyes and light brown hair.

"See ya."

Malakai started walking away.

"Hey! Mal! Come back! You're an asshole!"

My brother turned around and put up his middle finger. I did the same.

"I'm slapping you when we get home!"

"Yeah okay! Mom won't let you!"

"Dad would!"

Malakai started running.

"H-hey Raven. W-what's up?"

"Eh. Same shit, different day. What's new with you?"

"N-nothing really."

"You're Marionette Jane right?"

I nodded.

"Just call me "MJ" or "Mari" that's what everyone else does."