Chapter 43

Marionette's POV
Everyone suddenly disappeared so I wandered around looking for them. My mom was in the living room watching tv.

"Mom? Have you seen everyone?"

"Your father and Raven are playing basketball with Rocky and her friend. Nova's here playing with Simba."

"What about Kai?"

"He went to Anastasia's house. She just went home."

"That's good. Do you know, how she is?"

"He mentioned that she's scared to be in a car."

"I would be too."

Simba started licking Novalyn's face. She started giggling. I sat down on the couch next to my mom. The front door opened and Raven walked in. He looked upset.

"Is everything okay Ven?"

"Huh? O-oh yeah. I-I just got tired."

We went back to his house and he fell asleep. I went into Novalyn's room and started playing with her. Malakai started staying at Anastasia's house so he could help her. One day he ran up to me. He seemed excited.

"Hey? What's up?"

"She's pregnant! I've been dying to tell you for weeks now!"

"Damn. We're having kids around the same time? I didn't see this coming."

A few weeks after that, Raven bought his own house. I moved in with him. One day, when we were with my family. I was caught off guard. Novalyn ran over to me and grabbed my hand.

"Woah! Where are we going?"

"Daddy has a surprise!"

We went to the backyard. Raven got down on one knee. He held out a ring box. I started crying. I said "Yes." and he slid the ring onto my finger. Then a week after that, I went into labor. Novalyn got excited. We brought her to Shelia's house. She was mad we didn't bring her to the hospital with us. Sheila had to work so, I asked Malakai to watch Novalyn.

Malakai's POV
"I wanna see the baby!"

"You will soon. I just need to know when you can. I'll bring you to the hospital then."

"I wanna go now!"

"Kiddo you can't. I-I'm sorry."

She crossed her arms and started staring at me.

"Oh no. No no no. Don't look at me like that. No no. Don't do it."

She started crying. I picked her up.

"I'm sorry. I promise, I'll bring you, once I get told you can go."

Anastasia walked up to me.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. She's just upset, she can't go to the hospital yet."

"Oh no. Have you heard anything?"

"No. I'll probably hear something soon."

I walked over to the couch and sat down. I put a show on for Novalyn to watch. After a while, she yawned. I checked on her and saw her eyes were closed. I laid her down next to me. I put a blanket on her.

"Is she sleeping?"

"Mhm. She just fell asleep. How are you three doing?"

"Good. We're good."

She walked over to me and sat on the other side of me. She put my arm around her and put her head on my shoulder.