Chapter 38

Marionette's POV
I laid down on Raven's bed. I covered my entire body with the blankets. I couldn't stop crying. I heard the door close.

"Baby? Where'd you go?"

I didn't answer him.

"Marionette?"

I felt the blanket move. I felt someone hugging me from behind.

"We don't have to talk about it."

"I thought...I'd never see him again."

"Look at me."

I rolled over. Raven moved hair out of my face.

"Why didn't you ask me to go with you?"

I shrugged.

"Why haven't you said anything? That's not like you. You always have something to say."

I just burrowed my face into his chest. He started cradling my head. I kept crying.

"It's okay. I'm right here. I've got you. It's okay. You're okay."

I went to open my mouth but...I shut it right away. My cries got louder.

"Shhh."

He started rubbing my back with one hand. He used his other hand to rub my stomach.

"Relax. Close your eyes. Wait hold on."

Raven stood up. He picked me up bridal style. He brought me to his bathroom. He put me on the bathroom counter. He went in the shower and turned on the water.

"Hey look at me."

He cupped my face.

"It's okay. You're staying here until, you're ready to go home. Your dad is bringing some things over for you."

He put his hand under the water in the shower.

"Damn. That heated up quick. Let's get you in there."

He helped me take off my clothes then, placed me in the shower.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to get you a shirt."

He walked away but left the bathroom door open. I found some shampoo I had left in his bathroom. I put a lot in my hand. I started scrubbing my body.

"Okay. I'm back."

He opened the shower door and popped his head in.

"Baby...your skin's going to be raw if you keep doing that. Here. I'm helpin you now."

He didn't take off his clothes. He walked into the shower. He sat on his knees in front of me. I put my hands down.

"You're gonna hurt yourself."

He put shampoo in his hands and started massaging my head.

"Whatever you were trying to get rid of, is definitely gone now. Your dad dropped off some things for you. You've got a lot of clothes now. I saw you stole one of my shirts. That's okay. It looks better on you anyway. Close your eyes. I don't want anything to get in them."

I shut my eyes and felt him running his fingers through my hair. I heard him turn off the water. He wrapped my hair in a towel. He wrapped a towel around me then put me on the bathroom counter again.

"I'll be right back."

He left and came back wearing dry clothes. He hung his wet clothes up over the shower. He unwrapped the towel my hair was in. He helped me hop of the counter.

"Here. Put your hands on my shoulders."

I put my hands on his shoulders.

"Okay lift your right leg up."

I did that. I felt him put my underwear on.

"Okay. Put that one down. Lift your left leg now."

I did that. He put the rest of my underwear on. Then we did the same thing with my pants.

"I grabbed your sports bra when I was getting clothes. Do you want it?"

I nodded.

"Okay. Put your arms up."

I put my arms up and he slid my sports bra on me. He did the same thing with a shirt. He used his right index finger to lift my head up.

"You're safe here. I'm not going to yell at you for anything you say. I understand if, you're a bit uncomfortable around me. That's okay. I won't get mad. If you need space, tell me. I'll back off. If you need me to be closer to you then, I'll pull you closer. I won't let you go. Okay?"

I nodded.

"Alright. Is there anything you wanna do?"

I shrugged.

"How's Mal? Mari?"

I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"D-don't l-let m-me g-go."

"Okay. Okay."